Help (1 Viewer)

Purple 2

HSC
hey, i was wondering which subject you would choose for the hsc i currently have 14units and only want to do 12 or 13 max. The 2 subjects i am choosing from are physics and ext history. I currently do adv english, ext 1maths, legal studies, business studies, modern history and physics. Please can someone help cause we hvn't started ext history yet and i don't know whether or not i will like it or not whereas physics tends to be a bit of a bludge and we don't learn very much. Thanks

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
4 Unit Wid Wod Studies is good.

Drop out and get an apprenticeship.

lazzz

HSC
You tend to be doing more hsie subjects (legal, modern).... and physics just seems to be an odd one out....
Just do which ever subject you actually like...
or look in syllabus... i dnt know how that would help... but it will....

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I did extension history this year and I think that if you have good writing skills and mainly do humanities subjects, then it's better to go with history extension. I personally found it easy to get my head around, because in the exam you only have 2 essay questions that are fairly easy to answer. The first question will be on historiography, so the study of historians etc., so you get an article to read and you have to discuss the views of history it presents along with a few historians you have studied. Once you start that part of the course you'll find it pretty straight forward.

The second part is a study in your chosen case study. The essay questiont o that is VERY general because there are 25 case studies that people can choose from but only one question for all 25 case studies.

The major work is marked internally and goes to determine your ranking in the class; I didn't find it particularly stressful since it doesn't have to be that long for a majorwork. I would recommend history extension over physics, especially if you're finding physics a bit of a bludge.

capone89

HSC
With your subjects, definitely history extension...physics is very maths related mostly while extension is kinda like the theory work in extension english.

Extension history is fun and doing the major work is pretty cool, although it doesnt really matter either way.

Physics scales higher, but extension is more interesting. I do both and while physics is a bit of a bludge and relatively easy, i still enjoy going to extension more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)