Help!!! (1 Viewer)

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Hello,

I am currently in Year 9, accelerated into year 10 maths and learning Year 11. I have a problem. My acceleration into year 10 maths has not gone well! I can do the work easy (as you might have infered as i am learning Year 11 Adv, Ext1). The problem is that i am doing via distance education, and also, a month before the 1st term Year 10 math exam, i am told that i will be doing it! So i find myself doing twice as much math for NO reason!

At the start of the year, I was told that the reason i couldn't go into the class and do there work was because it interfears with my History which is alledgedly manditory in year 9. I had just recently complained to the Principal about having to do twice as much, and that year 10 maths interfears with my history, so me and him go to the history dep. We talked and came to the conclusion that it is not! manditory in year 9 and that he would have no problem with me going into the class.

The head maths teacher approached me and said that "The internal year 10 maths test were completely volentary"!!!! This is by no means by my recollection!!! And said further that there is "no room" in the class. Because i was told that i had! to do the internal examinations, i studied that instead of distance ed. So i am currently 9 weeks behind, i cant go into the classroom and currently have no clue as what to do!

Also one thing to note is that
a) i have NO teacher that teaches me the year 10 stuff (even though i can do it, its just that i should have one)

b) I hate distance education!!! It Sucks!!!

I am considering one of a few things (not in any specific order)

a) Dropping it altogether (i really dont want to do this, but i can not stand distance ed., oh yeh, get this, i got into trouble for doing Year 11 Extension 1 math instead of doing distance ed!!!)

b) Argueing more until i get what i want (to be in class)

c) Going to a different school

Last edited:

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
darkwolfzx said:
I've got a friend who was doing the hsc with us, really smart bloke, doing 4 u. But he was in year 10, and he needed his school cert.
Do you mean that he didnt have his school certificate in mathematics or didnt have his school certifcate. Because you need your school certificate in the subject that you accelerate in and i was wondering if i could not.

undalay

HSC
You do need a prelim to do HSC.
You don't need a SC to do prelim.

IF you did need a SC to do prelim:
- You get SC at the end of year 10 (start of year 11)
So the only way to accelerate is to skip to year 12.
Contradiction.

vds700

HSC
You could just drop the year 11 mathematics and mathematics extension 1 work. Then u can focus on year 10 stuff this year and nail the SC this year.

I did the whole year 9 and 10 course in year 9 and started prelim maths and maths extension 1 in year 10. This worked very well for me (im repeating ext 1 HSC and doing 4u, finding it great)

Even if you don't have a class for year 10, you should be OK. You said it yourself that u can do the work. Just do questions from the textbook, find out what the year 10 class is doing and follow along with them.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
vds700 said:
You could just drop the year 11 mathematics and mathematics extension 1 work. Then u can focus on year 10 stuff this year and nail the SC this year.

I did the whole year 9 and 10 course in year 9 and started prelim maths and maths extension 1 in year 10. This worked very well for me (im repeating ext 1 HSC and doing 4u, finding it great)

Even if you don't have a class for year 10, you should be OK. You said it yourself that u can do the work. Just do questions from the textbook, find out what the year 10 class is doing and follow along with them.
I can easily follow the year 10 class stuff and do the year 11 stuff at the same time, its just i dont want to do Distance Educations stuff, i hate it!!! Its soooo boring and depressing, the questions are either yr 10 5.2 or year 9 stuff mixed with a little year 10 stuff, boring!

Bottom line is that i hate Distance ed with a passion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)