• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

Oxrad

HSC
Ok so i just received my mark for my first english assessment task and my rank was awful. In the prelims i was ranked 10th and came 3rd in the preliminary exams. Yet in my first hsc exam i got a rank of 70.......am i screwed for my atar!?

Aysce

HSC
I know that feeling. It is probably like that for my English rank but still, you have a long way to go. I know it's been said many times, but it's true. Learn from what you did wrong and don't let this failure inhibit you from academically thriving. A person on this site said "Don't dwell on what happens in the past, you cannot change it so focus on the future". YOU GAAN DO IT!

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
No not really. Usually some of the high achievers have one exam they stuff up but as long as they do well in other exams they can get a good atar. Like Aysce said, learn from your mistakes. Always ask questions on how you can improve and keep working hard so you can do better:)

Gigacube

HSC
You haven't screwed your ATAR up. This was just one assessment that you did not do well in & there's 3 or 4 more assessments to go. Don't dwell on this one assessment. Instead pick yourself up & learn from your mistakes. Aim to improve your mark & rank & keep reminding yourself of this so you work hard to achieve it. Don't let this one test get you down.

There's plenty of room & time for improvement. :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
A classmate of mine came 65ish/102 in the first assessment and then ended up coming 2nd overall.
Just ace the rest of them and you'll be fine.

delian

HSC
N/A
There is still hope, don't give up yet. around 3 more assessments to go, and you can improve a lot.
I thought that I was screwed for Eco after stuffing up first assessment, but aced half-yearlies. In the end, I ranked 7th out of around 90 at my school.

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
nah, "you learn more from your mistakes than from your successes"

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
To be honest, I'm getting a bit tired of seeing these "omg I screwed up 1 assessment, will I get a star ATAR???" threads.

I understand that they're worried, but one assessment screwing up their ATAR is totally ridiculous.

Oxrad

HSC
Ok guys. thankyou very much!!! the relief lol. So yep gotta start working hard again ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)