Help :( (1 Viewer)

potats

HSC
Hi, I am currently doing my HSC and my marks have not been incredible due to lazyness and a lack of study...

I do:
Math Advanced
3 Unit Math
English Advanced
Chemistry
Biology
Physics

Is the school assessment part of the HSC based on marks, or rank?

My current ranks range from slightly below average to slightly above average...pretty well for biology though but nothing amazing...and my school rank is in the 50's I think...

I still have this terms exams to go along with the trial which is 40% and one more assessment after that...I already did 2 unit and 3 unit math this term though and I don't think I did spectacular but if it is about ranking I think I'll be alright as it was a hard test and pretty much everyone lost a lot of marks...

I was just wondering if I could still achieve a high ATAR such as 99 (seriously) as I have picked up the pace and I am working hard for the next few assessments studying up to 10 hours a day...thank you...

I also just wanted to ask if universities it is just universities in NSW that require an ATAR cut-off for specific subjects...thanks, I'm so stupid...:cry:

qwerty44

HSC
Assessment mark is based on ranks and external results of cohort.

EDIT: 10 hrs study a day? are you sure its 10 hrs of effective studying?

Last edited:

Shadowless

HSC
Hi, I am currently doing my HSC and my marks have not been incredible due to lazyness and a lack of study...

I do:
Math Advanced
3 Unit Math
English Advanced
Chemistry
Biology
Physics

Is the school assessment part of the HSC based on marks, or rank?

My current ranks range from slightly below average to slightly above average...pretty well for biology though but nothing amazing...and my school rank is in the 50's I think...

I still have this terms exams to go along with the trial which is 40% and one more assessment after that...I already did 2 unit and 3 unit math this term though and I don't think I did spectacular but if it is about ranking I think I'll be alright as it was a hard test and pretty much everyone lost a lot of marks...

I was just wondering if I could still achieve a high ATAR such as 99 (seriously) as I have picked up the pace and I am working hard for the next few assessments studying up to 10 hours a day...thank you...

I also just wanted to ask if universities it is just universities in NSW that require an ATAR cut-off for specific subjects...thanks, I'm so stupid...:cry:
Numerical figures don't mean much if it isn't effective studying...

For example, I could be studying up to 25 hours a day and still not 'achieve a high ATAR'.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Numerical figures don't mean much if it isn't effective studying...

For example, I could be studying up to 25 hours a day and still not 'achieve a high ATAR'.
Agreed, person who has a similar username to myself.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It's hard to ascertain if 99 is achievable given little information. If possible specify school rank and positions within subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)