help (1 Viewer)

scoby_2000

HSC
ok ummm

i do ext german.,....i am not a native speaker...and i am in way over my head....but am only doing 11 units and i cant drop it

so.......can anyone help me with notes for the 6 texts...e.g. hunne in abendland....spagetti fur zwei, business class....im sooo fuccked....i cant understand any of it...

if anyone knows anyway in which could help me... (e.g any books about these texts....study guides - ive look cant find!!) could they plllleeeeaassse tell me

veilleicht du hast mein deutsch gesehen, es ist sehr shrechlich! bitte mir helfen! :)

Peartie

HSC
There aren't any books or info on these stories....the best thing that I have founbd is do the Arbeitsblaette that the teacher should give you...ull learn a heap more doing them than not.....and also remember the stories and do practice questions and monologues and get ur teacher to mark them....im in the same boat but i have 13 U so i can drop it if i need 2 :p

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
Be confident mate - seriously, so many people who could do well in foreign languages don't, because they're afraid of making mistakes.

As for the stories, there are couple of things you should be able to do (with or without the assistance of your teacher):
- Firstly, read through the story. If there are words you don't understand, look them up in your dictionary and write the translation down somewhere.
-Secondly, read through it again. Hopefully it will read more easily - use your vocab list from step one to aid this. If you understand what's going on in the story, then start to see how the story fits into the prescribed themes (things like racism from "Spaghetti" and so on, you should be able to find them - or make them up - for each story. If you can't, say so and i will have a look for my 3u folder from last year.)
-Thirdly, read the story again. This time make notes on the perspectives of the characters and look at how the character is described in the story - what is the effect of that description on the function of the story (eg the Hunne is nameless, presenting him as a general person that people can relate to, so the story is a parable etc etc)
-You may also want to make an english summary of the story's important events, but in general i think you would be better served by being very very familar with the story.
-Look at past papers to get a feel for what will be asked of you.
-Practise writing, both essays and creative pieces (when i say essay, it's not some massive thing, it's more like a structured opinion piece where you show you can make a point using the appropriate language structures) - creative pieces are often set through the eyes of a character in one of the stories, which is why i suggested you understand the perspectives of each character, and their motivations
-Practise monologues - put them on a tape and have your teacher mark them, or even just give feedback.
-Don't stress. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)