Henry Lawson appropriation (1 Viewer)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
omg can some one help me?! i have to write a story based on one from henry lawson. i hate his stories!!! BORING!!! also, i have zero creativity. zilch, nada, nothing. i am sooo shit at making up stories. basically what im really asking here is does anyone have a story they wrote whos willing to give it to me in the hopes that i can fob it off as my own...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
shellybelly087 said:
omg can some one help me?! i have to write a story based on one from henry lawson. i hate his stories!!! BORING!!! also, i have zero creativity. zilch, nada, nothing. i am sooo shit at making up stories. basically what im really asking here is does anyone have a story they wrote whos willing to give it to me in the hopes that i can fob it off as my own...
If you're doing Standard English, why did you post in the ESL forum??! Redirected thread.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
omg i dont know!!!! well now its in the right spot... right? omg this assessment is due in 3 weeks. i cant write stories!!! someone give me ideas!!!!

megze

megan
HSC
telling stories

hey i have to find my own related material for telling stories and im really snowed under at the moment, so if n e 1 has ideas can you please let me no cos all my assesments are this week
thanks a bundle

lil_crazy_angel

crazy one
HSC
hey i have to find my own related material for telling stories and im really snowed under at the moment, so if n e 1 has ideas can you please let me no cos all my assesments are this week
thanks a bundle
hey,
i was wondering... ur related texts for henry lawson, does it have to be something that is similar to henry lawson's stories (about the bush)? or can they be anything, as long as they tell a story?

if u know plz tell me so i can give suggestions to help u&me find a related texts!:D

curious,
angie

chicken1111

HSC
Related text

hi well im doing HL at the mo and the related text were doing id The pioneers oil painting and the man from snowy river. heres some notes. dont have any for snowy river but yeah they are my 2.

The Pioneers - Frederick Mc Cubbin
- Triptych (3 panels) oil painting (narrative)

Endurance and courage give people a place in harsh land. love and family gives them hope. The result is a prosperous Australian where the bush supports the expanding city.

- :D Structure

Chronological development.

The structure is chronological across the pioneers lifespan. Mc Cubbin does this by using a triptych.

Panel 1 –

 A man and a women starting a new life.
 The women is sitting on the ground looking rounded, lonely, sad and overwhelmed.
 They are married and in the bush
 Man is making camp
 Very dense forest
 Both a being brave
 Vectors (force of direction) emphasizes how big and massive the trees are.
 Contrast – the women rounded and crouched; stillness/activity
 Colour choice – the clothing colour shows they belong in the bush.
 Endurance – depicted (drawn) activity

Panel 2 –

 House is built
 Man has just chopped a tree down
 Women wearing same dress as in panel 1
 Stance – courage/hardworking/standing up straight like the trees
 Time has passed
 Can see some land has cleared (depicted)
 A child is born (depicted)
 Symbols – house (civilization), baby (progress in the future), axe (control and hard work)
 Vectors – women’s posture/ stance reflects the enduring trees
 Size of objects - foregrounding
- they have become more important in the landscape

Panel 3 –

 young man could be 21 years old (could be the son in panel 2) indicates passage of time
 Can see the city out through the trees on the same clearing
 Emphasizes - city and the bush
- bush produce allows the city’s commerce to expand
 Depicted activity – son kneeling out of a sign of respect
 symbol - Clothing and colours ties the young man to the pioneers
- Cross – symbol of humanity and civilization (his parents grave – family out of the hardship of the bush for love of his family.
- Grave – symbol of human spirit, resting place
- Bridge – link between bush and city (bring together)
- Colourways – continue – endurance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)