Hey everyone, can someone explain... (1 Viewer)

Orliii

HSC
Hi everyone,

I am only in year 8 at school. But I was wondering if someone could explain the whole HSC thing? I am so confused. I have no idea what it is about or anything. I don't need to worry about it just yet. Just curious. And what is a "journey" ? My friend's sister said something about a journey, what is it? Thank you so much!

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
hey man!year8 plenty of time, but being young we r all curious
but hey u know its in the middle of our exams atm right?
if u wait a little im sure after the hsc ..about mid novmenber
we can tell u all about it, read around the forum, im sure u will find information
also u might wanna check out
www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au
enjoy ur stay

P

pLuvia

Well in brief,

HSC is the Higher School Certificate which shows that you have graduated from high school, so does the SC, School Certificate which means you graduated year 10. You can either stay at school after the SC or leave and find a job or go to tafe, if you continue you can proceed to receive the HSC and your UAI which allows you to go to university if you are picked.

Journey is the English Area of Study, an area of study is the area of English whereby you study a certain aspect in much detail. But you can find out more on the Area Of Study

The Area of Study a.k.a AoS, changes every 3 years or so, last AoS was "Change" in which the year 12s had to focus on that for a term. Also you are able to experience the AoS during year 11 which is a sort of practice for year 12 Modules

Also in English depending on which level you do, either Advance or Standard or ESL you do different Modules, which is similar to the AoS where you focus on certain texts, check it out on the ESL Forum, the English Standard Forum and the English Advanced Forum

But you don't have to worry about that for another three years, just worry about your School Certificate :)

Also look more into the Bored Of Studies website if you want more information

Good Luck~! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Orliii said:
Hi everyone,

I am only in year 8 at school. But I was wondering if someone could explain the whole HSC thing? I am so confused. I have no idea what it is about or anything. I don't need to worry about it just yet. Just curious. And what is a "journey" ? My friend's sister said something about a journey, what is it? Thank you so much!
Don't worry yourself too early mate. You'll know all the details in time. You won't have to know anything much about "Journeys" by the time you're doing the HSC.
Besides, unless you're some gifted accelerated student, the HSC would probably have changed a lot by the time you do it. It may even perhaps be completely replaced with that National Certificate, by the time you're in Year 12. (Although a National Certificate is still only a political debate at the moment)

serge

HSC
Orliii said:
Hi everyone,

Two Tips-

1.Enjoy the freedom that you have right now!

2.Never listen to anyone else but yourself on subject selection

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
serge said:
Two Tips-

1.Enjoy the freedom that you have right now!

2.Never listen to anyone else but yourself on subject selection
OMG I SECOND TO THAT!
LIKE ENJOY YOUR FREEDOME GO OUT HANG OUT! DONT BOTHER STUDYING NOW AHAHAH

you dont know how much we miss it..freedom....sigh

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Enjoy the next few years... you won't regret it mate xD
I wish yr 12 was as easy as yr 8...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
my advice is dont understand it....

it only makes your life a living hell..at least in hell you get to play with flames..but in the hsc you only play with paper.....until after the hsc :D

MCOLT

HSC
go and get laid, worried about the hsc in year 8 fuck me is this what the future youth is

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Trust me. In three years time, you'll know too much about the HSC. Don't worry about it now - just enjoy yourself and try to grasp the fundamentals that you're learning now. It'll make life much easier come Year 11 and 12.

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)