• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hey Guys Need A Lil Bit Og Help/advice (1 Viewer)

raz12

HSC
hey guys........ i am doing my hsc in next year and wanted to obatin a score of 80uai.... how much study would be needed as such and prep skills etc is it possible........my subjects include planned for next year

adv Maths
adv english
PDH
Buisness studies
Ancient History
Sor (comp)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
hmmm what?

People can study for as little as a few hours a day and still get a good UAI it is really something that is unique to each person. If your after some tips I guess you should search the forums for study tips and have a good read through of the HSC forum.

passion89

HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
how much study would be needed? study til you understand and meet the requirements of the syllabus.

Yeah, study until you understand the concepts being examined through the syllabus. No point trying to study for 5 hours each night when you don't get anything.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
mmm i've heard that you should be doing atleast 3 hours of study a night, and maximum of 5 hours a night.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
No way I can study for 3 hours a night, max I can tolerate is 2 hours, but it depends on the person what length of time they should be studying, and also how well they are able to study during the time that they try to study.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
oh, i meant 3 hours min for year 12 haha, not year 11 haha no way

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Guess it's not how much you study but how well you do it. Quality > Quantity.

I've been told that go home after school, spend atleast 10-15 mins p/subject to read over everything you've learnt that day and ask your teacher things you don't get and extra time for h/w. Meh, but even 15 minutes is a bit too long :eek:

dots

HSC
I think it is more of how u use your time not how long... also one of the keys to helping you in your studies is to actually listen to the teacher... they tell you a lot of thing that are quite helpful... of course depending on the teacher...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
yoakim said:
oh, i meant 3 hours min for year 12 haha, not year 11 haha no way
If you don't have time to do it in year 11 you certainly won't in year 12.....hmm maybe I should manage my time better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)