Hey! Just need an opinion.. (1 Viewer)

Steve1820

HSC
So i got a UBS cadetship at Equity Business Management which is pretty cool. You get 2 years full time and then part time from then on. They sign you every year so your contract is renewed every year. The good thing about this cadetship is that you can do ANY degree you wish provided commerce is included. Is a double degree worth it? I was looking at Comm/Eng but then for Eng you need practical work experience and with the workload ill be getting, i dont think ill be able to fit it in. My next option is Comm/Sci(Adv. Math). I am actually really interested in math and i guess it'll also provide me with an 'edge'. The problem is this would take 6-7 years. 6-7 years doesnt seem like much but if i did a straight commerce degree (4 years), i would lose 2 years of potential income, career progression etc. My last option is to do a straight commerce degree, hopefully get into a graduate program, leave and do an MBA or something and come back. Which would you recommend? Cheers, Steve AND yes, like many others here im really keen on the industry and job.

BiancaC

HSC
I'll ask the same question as is asked of everyone else on here looking at a double degree. Are you really interested in something else other than commerce? If you are, great, go and do the double degree. If you aren't, just stick to commerce and do a double major in commerce.

Plus good work on the cadetship, so basically its still a one year contract?

Steve1820

HSC
Yeh, im really keen on the cadetship. Hopefully ill do well enough to extend it to the next year!

The main issue is the extra 2 years i need to spend at university than anyone else doing a double degree. Is an extra 2 years worth it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)