Hey! Need some advice for SC (1 Viewer)

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Ah, don't stress that much. (Lol, I'm such a hypocrite. I remember my SC. I was so freaked out about it). To sum up the SC:

Math: Easy. General knowledge.

English: Okay paper. It's got 50 multiple choice questions, so time yourself. Don't spend too much time on it, if you can considering the number of responses you need to write answers for.

History/Geography: Alrighty, this paper, in my opinion, was the most time consuming. It's two papers in one, so you REALLY need to watch your time. Try to give equal amounts of time to each.

Science: The paper which requires the most knowledge. Go through your notes the night before the test if you can/want. Pay more attention to things they can ask you for an extended response on and you should be fine.

Good luck! And I'm sure you'll do fine.

(If all else fails and you seriously don't know what to write for the test, try and use some of the techncial words from the question so that it looks like you have SOME idea of what to say)

cs01001

HSC
Hey,

Hmmm... I got

Geo - Mrs.Hills (Awesome teacher :) )
Maths - Clayton
English - Crossweller
Science - Mrs.Davidson (I don't seem to get anything out of Science...)

Oh, anyone got some excellent Year 9 + 10 notes for Science??? If you do, please do share it with me. I don't feel like I am learning enough this year. Please help me out! If you have other good notes for other subjects, please share it with me!

cs01001

HSC
bump, anyone got some Science notes they care to share with me? Please, I need help here~~

aus_peter2005

HSC
oh you got davidson...lol...i basically slept throughout the year.esp when she is showing videos.....and ye...Mrs Hills is really gooood...
well for SC.....i would suggest that you rather spend time start studying subjects that you would like to do in Year 11...cos SC is really nothing and not worth spending much time on it.....just study a few days before the exam and you will be fine...especially for geo and history.....don't waste too much time on it.....the math trial is easy....just like the format of SC....but last year i managed to forget to times half for the area of triangle....LOL...
for the science one...i think they have answers to each dot point in the syllabus..so you can probably go and ask for them...and just study from them...
for history and geo...well....i don't know a lot....but the more BS you write...the better it would be.......and for the essays...have a little plan would be fine...

really SC is not a thing to worry for.....IT DOES NOT MATTER~~
oh btw what subjects are you doing next year?????

Last edited:

cs01001

HSC
aus_peter2005 said:
oh you got davidson...lol...i basically slept throughout the year.esp when she is showing videos.....and ye...Mrs Hills is really gooood...
well for SC.....i would suggest that you rather spend time start studying subjects that you would like to do in Year 11...cos SC is really nothing and not worth spending much time on it.....just study a few days before the exam and you will be fine...especially for geo and history.....don't waste too much time on it.....the math trial is easy....just like the format of SC....but last year i managed to forget to times half for the area of triangle....LOL...
for the science one...i think they have answers to each dot point in the syllabus..so you can probably go and ask for them...and just study from them...
for history and geo...well....i don't know a lot....but the more BS you write...the better it would be.......and for the essays...have a little plan would be fine...

really SC is not a thing to worry for.....IT DOES NOT MATTER~~
oh btw what subjects are you doing next year?????
I chose:
3U Maths
2U Advance English
2U Economics
2U Business Studies
2U Chemistry
2U Geography (Might change, suggestions please!)

Anyone got suggestions about my choice for next year? I heard that Economics and Business studies sucks for HSC. Does anyone know? Does anyone know what physics and Chemistry is like? I heard Physics is rather dry and boring, where Chemistry is uber hard...

I wanna go for B. of Commerce in UNSW or maybe USYD or maybe UWS in uni. Does anyone know the UAI I need to get into Commerce for these unis?

Last edited:

cs01001

HSC
lizziegirl said:
lol ur subjects are a bit nerdy! u have2 watch out for economics, its a killer...half the kids i knew in the economics class dropped out, it was so freaking hard. :bomb: there are a couple of uac guides in the library and mr. hardy ok to g2.
lol, i know a couple of science nerds who do Physics, Chemistry and Biology, 3U maths and other crazy ones. I know my combo is kinda nerdy, anyone got some suggestions?

Neurox

HSC
The one who said science requires the most knowledge, youre wrong. history and geo requires most knowledge at least for the trials and my science trials required some logic. and i wouldnt say your subject selections are that nerdy coz i know some guy in yr11 doing 3u maths, 3u english, chemistry, bio, physics and economics.
personally, i dont really give a shit about the sc, since it doesnt go towards anything. but in my school u need at least a band 5 in maths to study 3u maths and band 5 to study physics.
also chemstry and physics dont seem hard. i read over some yr 11 physics books and its quite easy to understand. but i heard econmics is really hard, and requires u to understand the theory and think harder.

Neurox

HSC
The one who said science requires the most knowledge, youre wrong. history and geo requires most knowledge at least for the trials and my science trials required some logic. like we had to write down links between nations and if we dont know the links, we;re screwed.
and i wouldnt say your subject selections are that nerdy coz i know some guy in yr11 doing 3u maths, 3u english, chemistry, bio, physics and economics.
personally, i dont really give a shit about the sc, since it doesnt go towards anything. but in my school u need at least a band 5 in maths to study 3u maths and band 5 to study physics.
also chemstry and physics dont seem hard. i read over some yr 11 physics books and its quite easy to understand. but i heard econmics is really hard, and requires u to understand the theory and think harder.

oops double post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)