High atar without tutor? (1 Viewer)

C

colourhide

Is it possible to get a high atar without tutoring?

How much hours would i have to study to get a decent mark?

i do 2 unit maths, chemistry, standard english, business studies and senior science.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Perfectly possible. Remember to work hard and put lots of effort in. You'll be fine.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I would say there is no magic number of hours you have to study for to get a "decent mark". Keep studying until you're confident, everyone is different

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Definitely possible to get 90's without a tutor. Just study smart, and study hard.

FrozenSky

HSC
People who goes to tutor tends to learn the content earlier than you, and thus they will some what have more experience than you (from revising in class AND tutor)
People without tutor tends to lose out @ the start, however as the HSC arrives you will accumulate enough experience to be in the same league as them.

This is from my personal experience. It may be different for you guys?

yalando

HSC
Is it possible to get a high atar without tutoring?

i do 2 unit maths, chemistry, standard english, business studies and senior science.

So my ATAR was 97.10 and I had no tutoring what so ever. There's a level of dedication you have to put in. I found chemistry hard and put alot of effort in it to go from 2nd last in prelim to 1st in the HSC. I studied alot from the get go and am pleased with my result, knowing I had no tutoring or asian parental pressures; a result solely based on my own thirst for a specific result

C

colourhide

did you guys spend a specific amount of time on each subject?

like say 1 hour for each subject a day.

FrozenSky

HSC
did you guys spend a specific amount of time on each subject?

like say 1 hour for each subject a day.
Honestly. there's no specific amount of hours that will help you achieve this and that.
It is the QUALITY of study you receive within an hour, and thus will vary for different people. Just keep revising until you feel confident.

suling

HSC
Erm...I got 99.6 without a tutor. Just did my homework each night, and studied hard coming up to assessments.

Just work consistently throughout the year and you will be fine :)

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Erm...I got 99.6 without a tutor. Just did my homework each night, and studied hard coming up to assessments.

Just work consistently throughout the year and you will be fine :)
^ This.
I got 99.1 without a tutor. I assume that the only subjects you'd be considering getting tutored in are english and maths because they're the skills based ones and the others are fairly content based... Honestly, if you're needing help with them, I'd just request more help individually from your teachers, I'm sure they'd be more than willing to give you some of their time.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
99.00 with no tutoring and mainly well planned cramming sessions before exams :)

But it depends on the person - some kids do need the extra help and are ecstatic to get an ATAR in the 70s.

stevebucknor1

HSC
N/A
It is perfectly possible. Remember to work hard and put lots of effort in. You'll be fine. This is the basic formulas to get the good marks for the exam. There are so many topic to remember and you don't have the concentration then you make the partition of each topic and you will get the result very fine.

speedofsound

HSC
I got 99.25 with no tutoring, but I did totally different subjects to you. Consistent work across the year is the key to doing well, I wouldn't say there are an allocated amount of "hours" you should be doing per day. Only you know how much you need to do until you are confident you will perform to the best of your ability.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
study smart.

please don't forget to allow some time to go out, relax and have fun!!

wrecking

derp.
HSC
hell yeah nigga. never went to a tutor in my life and got 96+. don't count studying by hours, but how much you understand the topic.

HSC
Like the top 10-15 ATARs (99.00+) at my school all had no tutoring, so it's definitely possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)