High Interest Internet Banking Starter Accounts (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I personally use UBank. Rates appear to be unbeatable (seeing that they match others). Avoid term deposits there unless the rate is really favourable but generally their online savings rate (whilst not fixed) is better.

Only downside is you can't use your UBank account to make payments/etc other than to another Aussie account (i.e. BSB/account). i.e. You can't use it to BPay bills.

ochaguy

HSC
RItz1024 and seremify007 are both on the right track, the UBank USaver currently has the highest savings rate at 6.01% on the condition that you dump a min. of $200 in your account every month. While UBank is backed by NAB, UBank has no physical branches and all inquiries are done via phone and online banking. BEWARE, customer service is almost non-existent, but that's the price you pay for a high interest rate these days.

If you want physical branch access, I'd suggest the ANZ Progress Saver (5.76%) or Commonwealth GoalSaver (5.50%). Both work in a similar way as the UBank USaver where you have to dump a minimum amount every month ($10 for the ANZ Progress Saver and $200 for the Commonwealth GoalSaver). Note that if you don't meet these conditions for a particular month, your account will revert to the low standard rate for that month.

Note that rates for savings account are generally low at the moment. If you have a bit of money ($5000+), I'd suggest opening up a term deposit instead.

Check out the top Savings accounts here

Cheers

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Anz saver (5.96%) is only for students. I have one in which I dump spare $$$. Also with it you can't withdraw money otherwise you won't get any interest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)