His Ext Help (1 Viewer)

CaffeineMotor

HSC
*Moved this here so others may see....

Hey all,

I'm seriously considering focusing on the Renaissance movement for my major, however I am not entirely sure where to direct my argument/question.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe something to do with the Crusaders impact on ushering in the movement or... the controversial nature of art??

Cheers guys/gals

Ricktatorship

HSC
Perhaps something about the Crusades and whether they were justified etc? That's kinda renaissance I guess.

asianperson

HSC
I guess there is some connection between fourth crusade and the renaissance as it did deal a fatal blow the the Eastern Roman Empire directly causing its long and slow death with the ottomans taking over all of the balkans and anatolia by the 15th century, which resulted in greek scholars, artists etc fleeing to Italy which started the renaissance.
That's just my take on the matter, I'm no historian.....

CaffeineMotor

HSC
You guys are legends,

Think I might direct it towards the origins of the Renaissance and where I can find some dispute there.

Cheers!

will90211

HSC
REMEMBER You are not supposed to talk content, merely what the historians views are, how they come about, how they are shaped by their temporal context etc etc etc. I got 23/25 for my Major this year...

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You are able to talk content - and include historians views about the content and why the historians hold the views they do on that issue - if you don't talk content then the piece has no context.

will90211

HSC
Certainly provide context for your content, what the historians views points on it (though don't be excessive) and of course why and how they hold these views. I shall rephrase my earlier remarks: REMEMBER be wary of how much you write in terms of content.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Thanks a lot guys, I realise that it's not retelling history it's discussing the viewpoints that are held pertaining to that time period.

What kind of word count is appropriate for the major essay itself. 5000+?

ncoul

HSC
CaffeineMotor, have you ransacked Fisher library of all the Renaissance books? I can't seem to find many available

CaffeineMotor

HSC
CaffeineMotor, have you ransacked Fisher library of all the Renaissance books? I can't seem to find many available
It's a possibility ;)

Nah I've got one from the internet and others from bookstores in the city. Depending on what you want in the Renaissance there's a lot available.

@cem ahh sweet, I'll probably just add more with preface sections etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)