Historicity of jesus Christ (1 Viewer)

trekkie

HSC
I dont know how successful im going to be here but im wondering if any of the past yr 12 that have done this topic and have retained their notes would be kind enough to please send me some, because right now i havent a clue where our teachers going so any help here would be appreciated, just until my teacher gets on course.

premature

hey i'm doin the historicity of jesus christ too! if u come across any notes would u plz care to share? thankz heaps

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
"historicity" hmmm interesting word...that is if it IS a word. if so then i learnt something new today :D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
some one care to describe how it is pronounced? in phonetics maybe?

trekkie

HSC
Hey premature, interested in a sharing of notes? My teachers gone off on a whacky tangent lately but he is coming back on course, we did the Shroud of Turin for archaeological evidence in our last 2 lessons, interested in the notes? Id be interested in anything you are willing to share!

premature

hey trekkie
i got a bit on biblical representations of JC if that'd be usefull...i'd love to see what you got on the shroud of turin we haven't covered it and it sounds interesting...neways i'm not sure how u want to exchange notes but let me know??
thankz

trekkie

HSC
Hmm ill type up what i have, might serve as extra revision, and then ill email them to you if you like. Ive got a couple of good books i can give you the names of if you like as well.

premature

sounds good thanks heaps i'll get my scanner working and send you what i have
i have a name of a book that has a chapter on the historicity of jesus...it's heaps usefull here's the name
'A ready defence' by Josh Mcdowell
but u might only be able to find it at christian bookshops i know of a good shop if u can't get ur hands on it

rude

"Jesus Quest" - by Ben Witherington III, great book - all the historical debates are there.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by trekkie
I dont know how successful im going to be here but im wondering if any of the past yr 12 that have done this topic and have retained their notes would be kind enough to please send me some, because right now i havent a clue where our teachers going so any help here would be appreciated, just until my teacher gets on course.
is this for prelim? coz at the mom. im in y 11 ancient and we have just started this topic

trekkie

HSC
Well I have no idea why you are doing in yr 11 ancient history its a HSC extension history course, im not sure whether there is something similar on the prelim syllabus but i think that you had better check and it it it isnt have a talk with your teacher

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ hmm i dunno im sure my teacher would be following the syll. it is fair hard though because of lots of different views n eveidence n stuff

hmm stange

trekkie

HSC
I just checked the prelim syllabus for you on the board of studies website, there is no topic about jesus on the ancient history syllabus, for both prelim and HSC, i think youd better talk with your teacher

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^^ thanks for checking for me! i dunno its sort of strange! maybe we will only do it for a couple of weeks and then we will move on like it could just be and intro thing? but we are definetely learning about jesus and taking notees. but there is like no prelim exam? so it shouldnt affect us too much? hmm this is strange

trekkie

HSC
Yeah it doesnt matter too much, as you pointed out there is no exam for prelim so meh. You might be doing it when your looking at archaeology, like archaeological evidence for christ and testing its authenticity or for the small who are the historians and ethics bit but thats about it, admittedly i havent looked too far into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)