• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

History and Memory anyone? (1 Viewer)

Mendo

HSC
Hey,
I was just wonderin who was doing History and Memory, 50th Gate, and what you think of it?
Personally I think the text we are doing sucks. It basically amounts to studying war in english. Had no choice in the matter however.
I was also wondering what related texts people are using for this? I'm in a bit of a rut so any help I would greatly appreciate.
THANKS!

d_elmo

HSC
History and Memory - 50th gate

I think this text sucks too. It seems to have no relevance to anything and i dont know why its in the syllabus. I don't understand what i have to know about it.

Anyway, in regards to other texts, i just looked up things in google or whatever under 'holocaust', look for paintings or poems composed by survivors or whatever you can find that has some kind of representation of the holocaust and history and memory, then all you need to do is analyse it.

Hope i helped ya :)

Mendo

HSC
So offence Mark, but your book sucks.

Yeah, i did the google thing too. Came up with a good painting. Its only taken me till now to realise you don't have to stick to the holocaust theme for related texts. I have Life is Beautiful and The Painist though. I watched Big Fish the other day and I think that might be a good one. Yee.
The fact that 50th gate sucks has been proven by just how popular this thread is! lol. Thanks for your thoughts mate. :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well you could always use any of the political propaganda going around at the moment, after all its all about "history".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)