History and Memory listening task - help please (1 Viewer)

moocow920

HSC
I have mod c listening assessments coming up where we view a visual extract twice then answer interpretive and analytical questions "These questions will assess your ability to discuss and evaluate what you have viewed and listened to in the extract "

I am not really sure how to prepare for this assessment, and i really need to do well as my current rank is so low its pathetic, especially compared to the rest of my ranks.

The notification says:
This task will require students to think critically and interpretively about the ideas presented in the extract and the various techniques being used by the composer. More specifically, questions will focus on the ways in which history and memory are depicted and/or represented in the provided text. As always, students are advised to re-visit the rubric of this elective and to consider the possibilities of the central concept as explored in class.

In preparation for the task, students will need to consider the nature of visual texts and the various features conventionally associated with this text type. In particular, students are advised to consider the impact of such techniques as camera shots and visual composition, characterisation, audio effects, editing and dialogue in preparation for the task.

Students are advised to prepare carefully, recapping the ideas central to the ‘History and Memory’ study prior to the task. Furthermore, students will need to revisit the basic skills required in this type of task, taking into account time management, short-answer strategy and, of course, the skills required for the extended response in the final question.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to good methods of preparation? I am really overwhelmed and just dont really know where to start, so any assitance would be really appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)