History and Memory (1 Viewer)

Acid

HSC
Is anyone doing History and Memory for their final module in English Advanced? I'm having trouble grasping the concepts and I haven't been able to find one person other than me that's doing it...

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I did it last year, I had trouble as well because it is kind of abstract..or something:confused:
I think I said the mother represents truth, and the father represent memory...or vice versa!

beverly

HSC
N/A
yeh i do history and memory- my least favourite module because there is so much to it, and it's one of the biggest work loads too. are you doing The Fiftieth Gate?

kymoie

HSC
I thought everyone had that was doing history and memory had to do the 50th Gate?

We are doing it at the moment. History is supposed to be facts and memory is supposed to be perception isn't it? Which then comes back to 'what is truth?' what is fact? What we believe as truth I believe is really our perception of truth so where is the line between history and memory?

just something to think about

Last edited:
HSC
Hey guys, Im doing History & Memory and 50th gate too, Im just wondering if the supplementary texts have to relate to the same events?
Or can it be on a completely different event?

beverly

HSC
N/A
in the syllabus it says 'situations, events or personalities' so i read it to be your choice of one or all even. but the BOS say that as long as you justify your selection its fine what you choose. ive heard of many people choosing a totally different event

Jessisbored

HSC
hey yeah im also doing the 50th gate...im gonna do 'The pianist' and two other texts, i think a newspaper article.
Asher did you start this thread?
I wish i did Frontline...sounds like so much fun

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Well I got an response for the question
"memory records but also composes history' discuss this statement in reference to ur prescribed text" my prescribed text was Life is Beautiful.
Hope it helps you understand the concepts better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)