History Extension exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

band6yesplease

HSC
I feel like I never see people post about HisX

What's everyone doing to study for it??

Also does anyone have any outrages predictions, the exams are pretty standard but I was wondering if anyone was thinking something specific (a bit like the technology one last yr)???

graceluvsA's

HSC
FINALLY IVE FOUND ANOTHER HIS EXT STUDENT. To study I'm just using my flashcards for each historian in constructing and the same with case study. I think I'll start doing past papers after the English exams r done. I want the constructing question to be about audience and I really hope the case studies question is not about popular interpretations because I got that in my trial and I failed so bad. History extension is so difficult and Im really scared because my teacher said the markers are major history nerds and I can't make up quotes 😭 .

aulinia

HSC
FINALLY IVE FOUND ANOTHER HIS EXT STUDENT. To study I'm just using my flashcards for each historian in constructing and the same with case study. I think I'll start doing past papers after the English exams r done. I want the constructing question to be about audience and I really hope the case studies question is not about popular interpretations because I got that in my trial and I failed so bad. History extension is so difficult and Im really scared because my teacher said the markers are major history nerds and I can't make up quotes 😭 .
Trials humbled me so hard, I definitely underestimated how much I’d have to write 😭 I’m doing the same as you in terms of revision as well, I’m PRAYING it’s not specific like last year

band6yesplease

HSC
my teacher moved me down from an E4 to and E3 in one of my essays and took 3 marks off in the other because of my handwriting it made me so fricking angry

History extension is so difficult and Im really scared because my teacher said the markers are major history nerds and I can't make up quotes 😭 .
What nooo i make up quotes in everything its how i survive. I made up like 6 in my trial and made up historians ahhahaha and my teacher is a massive nerd and only caught one of them hehe

I’m PRAYING it’s not specific like last year
It actually scares me that they can do this like how am i even supposed to answer when it's that specific aghhh. And its such a boring question too when its specific everyone's answers are gonna be similar like surely make it broad so the markers don't get bored hahahaha

aulinia

HSC
my teacher moved me down from an E4 to and E3 in one of my essays and took 3 marks off in the other because of my handwriting it made me so fricking angry
This happened to me in ancient history one time 😭 He took only a mark off thankfully

graceluvsA's

HSC
Is anyone doing Napoleon here tho? I still don't have any idea what to do on the case study section my teacher is so bad.

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
Is anyone doing Napoleon here tho? I still don't have any idea what to do on the case study section my teacher is so bad.
this might be bad advice but if you really do not have any idea on how to tackle Q2 you may as well just do your best on Q1. if you get full marks on Q1 you only need 10/25 on Q2 to get an E3. but then again there is time to study for napoleon so maybe dont do that

Last edited:

graceluvsA's

HSC
bro in trials i got 13/25 in question 2 and i'm only attributing 50% of the blame to myself 😭😭

this might be bad advice but if you really do not have any idea on how to tackle Q2 you may as well just do your best on Q1. if you get full marks on Q1 you only need 10/25 on Q2 to get an E3. but then again there is time to study for napoleon so maybe dont do that
The historians are the most unknown people like I cannot find any biography about them except for Adolphe Thiers. I found one female historian but there is deadass no information on her like how the hell am I supposed to talk about the histiography of Napoleon when all information about historians is private. I wish we did Cleopatra or something.

band6yesplease

HSC
The historians are the most unknown people like I cannot find any biography about them except for Adolphe Thiers. I found one female historian but there is deadass no information on her like how the hell am I supposed to talk about the histiography of Napoleon when all information about historians is private. I wish we did Cleopatra or something.
We do cleo. Lots of historians and heaps of info but its lowkey boring ngl idk why
I actually enjoy section 2 tho because no matter what the question is you can basically use the same 5-6 pieces of evidence and its so nice

Don't forget you can use films and art works and stuff im sure theres heaps regarding Napoleon. That will also broaden the depth of your response while making it filled with evidence

graceluvsA's

HSC
We do cleo. Lots of historians and heaps of info but its lowkey boring ngl idk why
I actually enjoy section 2 tho because no matter what the question is you can basically use the same 5-6 pieces of evidence and its so nice

Don't forget you can use films and art works and stuff im sure theres heaps regarding Napoleon. That will also broaden the depth of your response while making it filled with evidence
I would hammer on about the netflix Cleopatra series ur so lucky for it. Theres waterloo the movie but its 3 hours and made in the 70s so boring but then theres the new Joaquin Phoenix movie but its not out yet so ill just go off the trailer ig.

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
some case studies are just built different, mine is on the crusades like what??? there are like 4 people who talk about it and 3 of them are the 4th guy's ex students

ok this is kinda a life saver it may elevate my q2 response to a band 2 level

Last edited:

band6yesplease

HSC
But im so vague about the areas of debate like for cleo it's Gender and Identity, Role as Pharaoh and Relationships, the first two mix together too well to not do at least 2

It would kinda be good if they did 3 cause then your paragraphs can literally be one for every debate... that being said i don't care about cleopatra's dumb relationships either but the historiography is good surrounding it ig

some case studies are just built different, mine is on the crusades like what??? there are like 4 people who talk about it and 3 of them are the 4th guy's ex students
Some of the options for case studies are actually SO BORING its funny

band6yesplease

HSC
Does anyone have fav historians or debates etc you always use for Section 1??
Reynolds and Windschuttle are my whole life hhahaha

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
I went to a history lecture day at usyd and the lecturer of section 2 lecture said that there may be a possibility of having to mention all 3 case studies. If that happens im gonna cry because i dont give a crap about Napoleon's military I just like his social image.
wait me too wtf 😭 i was the only one to put my hand up for the crusades case study lol
if they ask for all three its so over i think i will start making stuff up

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
Does anyone have fav historians or debates etc you always use for Section 1??
Reynolds and Windschuttle are my whole life hhahaha
is it bad to say that i have no idea who they are......
mine are herodotus and thucydides idc what the question is i will make them fit
also irving and evans are pretty good, unfortunately i did ancient history

oh shoosh be grateful you never have to deal with this rubbish
woahhhhh ik im failing this subject but its one of my favourites

graceluvsA's

HSC
is it bad to say that i have no idea who they are......
mine are herodotus and thucydides idc what the question is i will make them fit
also irving and evans are pretty good, unfortunately i did ancient history

woahhhhh ik im failing this subject but its one of my favourites
What Ancient topics r u doing (sorry to bring ancient into a hisext discussion)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)