History Extension HSC (1 Viewer)

hugh789

HSC
Was just wondering how many words do you think you can get out in a history extension essay, my prepared essays are about 1800 words i know prepared essays are big no no but im goign learn one anyway do you rekon 1800 is to long?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Prepared answers stand out a mile and in Extension tend to be penalised heavily because you have to relate your answer to the source for Part A and the quote in Part B.

From reading the number of prepared answers in the Personalities section of the paper and giving them marks like 12/25 (total) because they can't adjust their prepared answer I always advise against it and even more so in Extension where you just don't know what the source is going to be or the quote or even how many debates/sources are going to be needed.

E

Empyrean444

About 1500-1800 words in an exam. As for essay pre-preparation:
Not for section 1 - it is simply impossible to prepare an answer for that - too many possible options.
I think you could pre-prepare for section 2, but you must make sure that a) the intro is not prepared and is done on the spot so as to deal with the source; and b) make sure that each pt/para makes reference to the source and somehow evidences or challenges it.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
IMO 1500 should be a maximum. It really is a lot for a simple hsc essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)