History Extension Lectures (1 Viewer)

Eg155

HSC
Did anyone go to the history extension lectures at Macquarie Uni?

How did you find it ?

ncoul

HSC
They were fairly average. Found that the lecturers were under the assumption that students knew more than they did - especially in the postmodernism lecture. He failed to discuss the premise, rather its relation to modernism and history, so it was a little bit stupid. However, the discussion about my project with a professor was good and probably the most significant part of the day.

Where were you seated?

Eg155

HSC
No I didn't, didn't know about it.
Will there be more?
Yeah, a lot of teachers didn't let their students go and/or didn't want to give up their saturday...*

They were fairly average. Found that the lecturers were under the assumption that students knew more than they did - especially in the postmodernism lecture. He failed to discuss the premise, rather its relation to modernism and history, so it was a little bit stupid. However, the discussion about my project with a professor was good and probably the most significant part of the day.

Where were you seated?
Oh definitely. I liked the first lecture though, he was very insightful and now I really want to take the 'Big history' course. Like you know that feeling when you're learning history from a text book and you think but where does the rest come into play? I don't know maybe it's just my own personal frustrations from learning the syllabus. The postmodernism one was hard to follow. He either read the slides or started talking about something completely different, I agree with your point:)
I haven't even started my project, our teacher wants us to focus on the exam for now... wish I had started though.

Hmm in different spots really. In the main lecture room I was on the far left as you face the seating area.
Where were you?

Last edited:

elissajean

HSC
Uni Grad
I think those lectures would be best towards the end of the HSC, when students are revising for the exams rather than just beginning to study the topics. Poor timing, I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)