History/Societal Influences (1 Viewer)

richz

Hello past hsc engineering students,

i was wandering how did u study for this part of the test, it seems as though they can ask you anything. Did you guys just make up bulshit?

richz

hmm,............. anyone?????? These forums are getting quiet!

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
I dunno,

look at stuff like the need and uses of devices and the technology changes that occured through history.

An Example is buildings, historical structures are designed and built using different techniques through out history.
Also periods like the industial revolution, with the invention of steam power and such.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
xrtzx said:
i was wandering how did u study for this part of the test, it seems as though they can ask you anything. Did you guys just make up bulshit?
Sorry, can't really remember what I said, but it wasn't all bullshit and made some sense.

Give me an example of the question and I'll see how I'd answer it.

richz

yes finally someone talks in this forum...

ok here is an eg.
The range of knowledge in which an aeronautical engineer is trained includes:
• aerodynamics
• fluid mechanics
• engineering materials
• legal and ethical implications.
Demonstrate how each of these four knowledge areas may be appropriately
applied to the design or construction of an aircraft or its components.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Aerodynamics and fluid dynamics helps engineers to understand how manipulate parts of the aircraft to obtain maximum lift during take off and landing and minimise friction during flight. Knowledge in engineering materials is applied to increase strength to weight ratio of the aircraft.

Now I agree to some extent that the legal and ethical implications is a bit of bs. You can say something about the thorough testing and stressing of the components to ensure that they do not fail during the service life or similar.

Sorry if I forgot what demonstrate meant and answered it incorrectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)