• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hitler : The rise of evil (1 Viewer)

is a roflcopter
HSC
its funny when he is doing a speech and gets excited
definately watching tonight

Fiona

I taped it last night...

I've heard from one person that I shouldn't bother watching it...

But another that I should...

What did you guys think of it?

s2ophie

HSC
i read a review that said ian kershaw walked out of the project it was so historically inaccurate. So i didn't boteher watching it

btw ian kershaw is a big time british historian

how u doin?

HSC
i still thought it was pretty interesting. just the way that someone so insane could get so much support.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
it was quite good i reckon. the guy who played hitler was an alright actor too. tho u cant really take him seriously after hearing him talk through his thick british accent, and every1 else's 4 that matter:D

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
it was quite good i reckon. the guy who played hitler was an alright actor too. tho u cant really take him seriously after hearing him talk through his thick british accent, and every1 else's 4 that matter:D
and also seeing him play a pathetic loser in full monty.

Rahul

Dead Member
yeh the accents were a bit strange

i was thinking that they would show the 'evil' things happen, but i spose the title was 'rise of evil'

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
it was an interesting story showing 'history' from a P.O.V. not often shown in history books

as long as all involved remember it was exactly that- a _story_. fictional, exaggerated, Romanticised.

yeah the dude who played hitler was pretty good wasn't he, he played the role so passionately..almost too passionately sometimes, he was so psychotic man..

haha liev shreiber was in it. hahahaha

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I had to stop watching it cos everytime he talked so much spit flew out of his mouth. In one scene he was eating cake and he started yellign and there was little bits of spitty cake flying everywhere...I had to turn it off, lol.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I was very disappointed by the mini-series so much so that I felt compelled to turn it off 20 minutes into it just out of respect for Hitler. The only good thing I have to say about it is that the promotional preview was well made as well as the hype created about it. It was so historically inaccurate and overdramatised and the accents were appalling. A very poor interpretation from my point of view.

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
we dont know what is historically accurate
we werent there ourselves and now we seriously cant trust any of the bullshit that america and britain say :p

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Did anyone else think they could of found an actor that l;ooked more like Hitler? He didn't even look like him slightly (he looked german and had the moustache and hairstyle, that's about it)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
I had to stop watching it cos everytime he talked so much spit flew out of his mouth. In one scene he was eating cake and he started yellign and there was little bits of spitty cake flying everywhere...I had to turn it off, lol.
lol, i loved that bit! it showed how .. insane is the only word i can think of .. hitler really was. so nutty he was that he just looked so.. possessed or something, spitting bits of cake out.

gah. i so can't explain what i'm trying to explain..

it was effective. lets leave it at that..

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
hehe true...

and oh gawd the pommy accent!

shindlers list...Finnes as the mad SS officer...now that an evil german accent!

i LOVED schindler's list so much, one of the greatest films of the C20th IM(humble)O.

it was so dramatic how the whole thing was black and white but like there were little bits of colour here and there to highlight important elements/characters/ etc.

or have i got this movie confused with something else..?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Was hitler seriously that scrawney???? in all the pics and documentrys i have seen, he seems well built, that brit dood, just didnt really sit right with me. the entire movie i was thinking "god, that guy is scrawney", but yeah. it was good from an entertainment view point i think.

LOL at the cake, thats what i call comedy. i wonder if they had to do more than one take in that scene or it just happened?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)