hix, can anyne help me for some of question, duedate coming soon, please help me! (1 Viewer)

luckystar268

HSC
People pls help me for some of question, I will die for it.

HOW PLANTS COMBAT DISEASE?

WHY AUSTRALIAN NATIVES HAVE OILS IN THIER LEAVES (E.G. EUCALYPTS, WATTYL'S, TEA TREE'S)

WHY AUSTRALIAN GUM TREE LEAVES IN THE USA, THERE WOULD BE LITTLE EVIDENCE OF PATHOGENS OR INSECT ATTACK?

Thanks alot for people can help me:)

fretsonfire74

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
2. Because they burn better that way
3. Because America is fucking shit
If your answer 2 is serious (which it could be a viable answer) it could be because Australia's bush is sclerophyll forests, so they thrive when bush fires hit. and 3. could be because America don't really have sclerophyll forests.

luckystar268

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
2. Because they burn better that way
3. Because America is fucking shit
Aha, that will be cool answer in the assignment, kaka. :lol: Don't you like America?

luckystar268

HSC
fretsonfire74 said:
If your answer 2 is serious (which it could be a viable answer) it could be because Australia's bush is sclerophyll forests, so they thrive when bush fires hit. and 3. could be because America don't really have sclerophyll forests.
Thanks for giving me ideas. I think I need to spend a lot of time on the computer to work the correct answer. Omg :uhoh:

Thanks mate,

Felix Jones

HSC
1. obviously the outer covering prevent infections e.g. the bark. also the hard vovering of the leaves and the guard cells prevent entry for the pathogens.
plants also possess internal defense systems, such as producing chemicals that help it eliminate the pathogen

2.don't know which angle ur approaching this from, but the hard, waxy leaves prevent water loss through transpiration(evaporation of water through the stomates), also the oily leaves provide a reflective surface area, which prevent water loss by reflecting sunlight (hence the plant remains cooler)

3.not sure what ur asking here.

pm me if u need other help, or want to clarify question no. 3.

mintchig

HSC
That sounds like a trademark Biology assignment.. im guessing its a prac... Would it be first hand investigation 7.7.1 on pages 495 and 496?

mariannebags

HSC
N/A
there are no pathogens in US because the plant isn't naturally there, so no species have evolved there that eat it, or live in it....... this is a basic idea so you need to aplly your knowledge a bit more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)