• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

hmph, started? (2 Viewers)

Giant Lobster

HSC
no... if u get 28/50 internally and ur the only one in ur class then naturally ur ranked 1st. Even if you get 1/50 ur still ranked 1st :)Then they take your external mark as both your external mark and internal mark. i.e. you dont have to do jacksquat when it comes to internal assessments, just focus on your MW :p

Cicciolina

HSC
I haven't started! :( I'm even thinking about changing my topic :S I'm in a class with only one other person, but there are 9 EE2 students at my school, and 5 teachers (2 per class, one girl alone).

mayhemily

HSC
really???? I thought they would have done it the same way ie, taken my 28/50 and averaged it with my other mark... yay!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
no... if u get 28/50 internally and ur the only one in ur class then naturally ur ranked 1st. Even if you get 1/50 ur still ranked 1st :)Then they take your external mark as both your external mark and internal mark. i.e. you dont have to do jacksquat when it comes to internal assessments, just focus on your MW :p
meh...I think it's to your advantage to kill your internal assessments. But my opinion only.

I'm so stressing out right now! Someone needs to make a book: "What to do when you've done your first draft, and it sux"! Coz that's what I need right now.

KarmaKitten

HSC
I have my first draft, about 2000 words, i just edit as i go, i dont hate it so far, i like where its going and each day i get new ideas in how to narrow it down and get the right mood across
im loving it!

Cicciolina

HSC
I've only done 3 pages worth of journal entries (lots of whinging, typed with creative spacing and font manipulation). I'm doing Revolution poetry: Wordsworth, TS Eliot and Robert Lowell - what a dry topic, I'm such an idiot!

Cicciolina

HSC
This biography of Wordsworth is killing me. I started reading it these holidays and I'm up to page 22. This is really an indication that I should change topics isn't it?
Oh. And on top of that my medium is a website. I'm pretty much doomed I think.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Wordsworth? arrghhh. Scary. Very, very, very intellectual. :p

About changing your topics...that is completely up to you. And about changing your medium, find where your strengths lie, and then you can possibly choose any topic to write about.

Cicciolina

HSC
I'm fine with my medium. I've done a bit and am prepared to improve myself on it :D I like Robert Lowell, so that's a third of my major work which is ok. Haven't started TS Eliot :oops: And Wordsworth is very very scary.
Very very very dry too.

I guess that's expected though, isn't it?

Aussiechick

HSC
I've started, I've only done 600 words so far, but I have the whole plot planned out, and I've done character profiles for all the main characters and I know everything about the setting, even what the main character's house and room look like.

My problem is I'm scared that the story won't turn out as good as it looks in plan form. but then again, thats what drafts are for :D

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
same same. I wrote my first draft in term 4, hated it so much I scrapped it straight away.

Now Im too scared to start another one. :(

mayhemily

HSC
yeah i've really been developing an idea for my short story lately... but im freaking out that i'll write it and it'll be shite... hmm we shall see i suppose!

Cicciolina

HSC
I think I might change to writing my own poetry - at least the very little research I've done will be useful! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)