• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ho many people left in yur hist ext class? (1 Viewer)

my school started with 12 and now they're down to 7. I dropped out in March.
The teacher we were supposedto have in term 4 only turned up like twice, and when we finally got a decent teacher at the end of last term we were so far behind and there was way too much work to do, especially redaing.
Lol. all the ppl in the class still give me shit for dropping it but i dont crae, y werkload is so much ligher without it. (im not on 11 units, down from 12 with extension history)

hanjoc

yeh. we got down to 7 from 15. i think for a 1 unit subject, the stuff u have to end up understanding is hard depending on your elective and tahts why ppl drop it. its a lot of understanding difficult aspects, and then i think its hard to be able to structure your essay within exam conditions. the only thing about it is, we were finished everything early this term so it pretty much gives us a term of class to revise and practice, so in that light, its a good subject to take up

Jezapbo

HSC
Zhang San Feng said:
well i disagree...i think most ppl drop because of the work load... when considering the time needed to do the major assessment and everything else...

update on my class... 5 ppl doing jesus from 12, and 10 ppl doing Q. Beth from around 20
Hey man, recognise your piccy. Didnt we have 23 in our class? and how are 5 ppl doing Jesus and 10 doing Beth if in our report I was ranked last as 13th? Well, on my report i was 13th out of 12 somehow but yeh, point is, wheres our mystery members coming from?

Oh and yeh, work load moreso than anything else I'd say is why people are dropping.

magpie2004

6 from 6. But i don't think any of us knew what is was about, and we still don't! I honestly thought whaen I chose it it was just a project, but this historiography stuff is pretty heavy, there's a lot to take in. We rarely do hist ext and when we do we're just watching videos, so I agree the drop out would be becuase of boredom rather than difficulty- like our eng ext class.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I don't do any history, but I was just wondering how many of you (who do history extension) do either modern, ancient or both? Seems to me that more people in my school take up history extension if they're taking only modern than ancient candidates or people who take both.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
For all those who do it, are any of you not based in the Sydney area?
I'm in yr 11, and I want to do History Extension so much, but my teacher's excuse for not allowing it is that we are disadvantaged to Sydney students, as they have access to lectures? I don't know whether what she's saying is genuine or it's just to worm her way out of teaching it next year.

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
Lectures? i never went to any lectures!

i think your being screwed.
However extention is alot of work - but if you do
ancient and modern with extention it will severly benefit you.

zhongie

HSC
We had around 50, and now 28...

I wanted to drop, but my teacher wouldn't let me. I think it's a very dense course, and there's alot of theory behind it. It's conceptually alot more dififcult than the histories, and there's alot of reading involved. Another factor our school's high drop out factor is because our lessons are once a week on Thursday afternoons until 5:30. That takes stamina. And alot of snacks.

Plus, our teacher is the most long-winded guy, ever.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
12 left we only had one drop out.

How many people do modern, ancient and extension? I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)