Hockey (1 Viewer)

timmay05

HSC
Hey Knob!

What grade are you playing in that moment???

We lost the school final on Wednesday to Homebush!

Far out... we actually played well... and were down 3-1 at half time and equalized it at 3-3.

You should have come to ref because the umpire (from Briars [both were, but one was a decent ref]) played two sets of rules. 1 for the first half when we were attackign down his end, the other when homebush was. I normally dont complain abotu refs but when they keep calling a short when you have advantage and an open goal thats a bit rough. PLUS! they let the other team take advantage, have a shot, miss, and then gave them a short.

We ended up losing 5-3.

Anyway I have been playing 4 yrs club, 5 yrs school.

And i palyed 5 yrs of soccer! And HOCKEY is better!!!!

Theres my rant, I better get back to trials prep.

timmay05

HSC
Wait - on the point of boxes... i only know 2 people that wear them on the field. And one of our school goalies plays without 1 by choice.

When you get hit there though when they mishit a short corner you sort of wish you as a runner had one on.

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
knobblett said:
Pfft dunno about Tim, but nah, no-one needs them, you learn to control how you hit the ball and to quickly get out of its way :D

Umm.. Tim came 3rd in the comp - got me a hatrick in the semis but went down due to it being a 3-man team.. shit mate. ey.
Mens is going awesomely, coming 3rd in 5ths & 6ths.. behind two teams that shouldnt be in our divs.. thats the case sadly :(

Fark man shorts never get scarier than in PA/PB1.. bloody oath.. man those boys can put the ball anywhere - and i don't like being first runner either!!! That's why i'm now a striker :D
i think all the grades should know how to hit the ball and to quickly get out of it's way

skanoodle

... GO SUTHO !!! i play for the U17s team, any one else playing for sutho or the sydney U17s comp ???

Oh, and speaking of crazy injuries... twice now ive seen people cop balls just above their shinguards off a massive hit. they always leave the tell-tale dimple marks... hehe

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
oh a hockey thread.... Does anyone play men seniors in syd??

I saw someone mention how hard mens hit and flick it on shorts. I play PA1's and am first runner on shorts, holy that is always one adrenaline kick!! Not so much fun when the stupid thing hits you!!

If anyone says hockey is for pussies get em to stand in front of you and smash a ball at them! hehe, thatll teach em

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Did you say you play for Ryde??

We had our last game on the weekend!! (Didnt make semis!!). But we won, which was a good way to finish the season, and then had beers. + I scored my first ever goal (1st season in sydney) in Prem League. Even better I scored two. Was very happy, shame it was the last game. They let me shoot on a short and for some unknown reason it went it...

Is everyone else in semis time??

Genesys

HSC
Tulipa said:
on a short in indoor, i pushed out then the ball which then got hit back towards me, goalie kicks it up into my face. i was less than a metre away from her.

blacked out for 20min then hyperventilated til the hospital. had black eyes for bout a week. i don't remember anything after i pushed the ball out.

apparently it was so bad a few of my teammates actually heard it break...

and i still have the sneakers i was wearing, with dried bits of blood still on them.

yeah thats bout it.
Everyone else heard it break. Some people were playing for the first time...put them off a bit!

Genesys

HSC
I went to the NSW team states try outs and someone got the ball flicked so hard at them their arm broke. I have seen someone collapse after getting hit in the head too. It's a dangerous game, but it makes it interesting!!!

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
knobblett said:
Don't kidd yourself mate, there are 12 grades, with the bottom 3 mostly made up of beginners in their first or second season - it's not an easy skill to learn.

Nah sorry mate, played you boys last yr for Ryde, but knocked it back this year, didn't want to play overage.... Heard you're not doing too badly in the comp... :rolleyes:
not where i come from. depends on the speed of the ball. i play in a different club to u.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
your not suggesting that men hit the ball harder than women are you knob??

that would be sexist... ;)

I think anytime you get hit by a fast moving rock its going to hurt and do some damage, just best to use you stick or get the devil out of the road...

wwjd_frog14

HSC
my friend playsrep hockey etc...and ive seen her play a few times....and a chicki got hit where the sun dont shine very often...gees...that woulda hurt...i cant imagine how much worse it wouldve been 4 a guy.....

timmay05

HSC
Alright, well, the guy will lie on the ground unable to speak they are in that much pain. Particularly if it was a shot, and not just raised in the field of play. They will probably lie there for up to 10-30 minutes. Well that is my experience with it.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i have a very accident-prone frien, great hockey player but last season she got hit in the mouth with a hockey stick and got all her front teeth knocked out. not so pleasant. is anyone playing indoor?
i wish i was :( stupid HSC

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
I've seen someone get smashed right in the mouth during a game before, that was pretty cool.

the_pun

HSC
Tulipa said:
yeah i play this will be my 6th season, love it.

play indoor hockey as well... such a good "non-contact" sport... it's so non-contact i broke my nose playing it last year
ha yeah same - last year I broke my nose playing indoor on a short! never being first runner on a short again lol...

the_pun

HSC
melimoo said:
is anyone playing indoor?
i wish i was :( stupid HSC
im thinkin bout it, hopefully if i can get fit in the next 2 wks ill go to s'champs in wollongong - haha havent played in ages tho coz of this hsc - i miss it :p

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
yay hockey is the greatest
but bad
just this season we were watching the game before ours and this girl totally broke her face on the short :S
she let out the massivest scream. twas quite scary. and in my game i managed to break someone's hand :S sorry if you're here, i didn't meant to
so what are everyone's positions? i dunno if its been asked before, by me or someone else.
i'm generally a back cause my hit is my best asset, however i'm getting real fit (or trying at least) so i can try out for reps as a centreforward cause i'm good at shooting. yeah. hockey makes me smile, but not too wide otherwise i might loose teeth :eek:
hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)