Hockey (1 Viewer)

the_pun

HSC
melimoo said:
yay hockey is the greatest
but bad
just this season we were watching the game before ours and this girl totally broke her face on the short :S
she let out the massivest scream. twas quite scary. and in my game i managed to break someone's hand :S sorry if you're here, i didn't meant to
so what are everyone's positions? i dunno if its been asked before, by me or someone else.
i'm generally a back cause my hit is my best asset, however i'm getting real fit (or trying at least) so i can try out for reps as a centreforward cause i'm good at shooting. yeah. hockey makes me smile, but not too wide otherwise i might loose teeth :eek:
hahaha
ha ok...yeah I'm a centre forward - my best assets r speed + dribbling, and flicking...who do u play for and how old r u this year?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Bookie said:
What is required to be a keeper?
Balls of steel, courage, wearing a funny suit, running like a penguin.

I play centre-mid or right wing-mid. My strengths are speed, intercepts, quick passes and willingness to die. Weaknesses are exhaustion and falling on my arse (watered astro turf makes that hard to avoid).

Plenty of breaks and fractures in my fingers to show for my efforts.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Yeh im playing indoor this season. First time I have ever played it. holy its quick, and short corners are quite scary!!!

loquasagacious: did you play at uni games this year?? ANU beat us for the last spot for austn uni games in brisvagas... grrrr!!! stil hurting over that one!

I played for uTS this season and am 19. How about urself pun?? i love hockey. . . .

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
love hockey so so so much... even th hsc took a back seat to hockey most times this year... but yerh i play in the midfield mostly but pretty much anywhere depending on whether its 4 club or 4 rep. we dont have indoor in wagga... wots it like?

the_pun

HSC
disco_dave said:
Yeh im playing indoor this season. First time I have ever played it. holy its quick, and short corners are quite scary!!!

loquasagacious: did you play at uni games this year?? ANU beat us for the last spot for austn uni games in brisvagas... grrrr!!! stil hurting over that one!

I played for uTS this season and am 19. How about urself pun?? i love hockey. . . .
yeah last yr was my first go at indoor as well, but im only 17 at the moment - going 2 uni next yr...i have played outdoor since i was quite young though, and ive played in state teams and for nsw country n stuff...i cant wait for uni hockey though, it sounds heaps fun playing other unis!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
im just 18, and i play senior womens for sutherland. best things - hit, quick passes, reading the game + play
im excited about uni hockey too!!!!! :D
and yeah astro turf is a bitch. great to play on, but like sometimes its too wet and then wet arses everywhere, however its better than playing on dry turf. the amount of scars from burns i have on my knees/hip bones from stacking it on dry turf are innumerable :eek:

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
water-base turf is only bad when you have to play in a body-suit... arghhh if u dive 4 th ball (or just stack it :) ) you get soaked and then the wind...... freezing
hey melimoo did u do the u18s reps this year? did u go 2 bathurst 4 half-states (sutherland associations in Southern Half-state.... isn't it??) lol i mighta seen u there

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I'm first year uni and didn't really have the time this year (last season) so didn't play for uni or for a club. I represented my hall in the residences hockey comp though. I hope to have time to play rep level this coming season.

Yeah water is better than sand. My old coach told us before a game on sand that if we fell over the best way to clean the graze was to bubble the sand out with peroxide.... which just sounds painful.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
uni games is too much fun! regular club hockey of uni vs uni isnt overly exciting. although they are normally full of pride.

I was down in the gong playing indoor last week. nice spot that town!!

wwjd_frog14

HSC
hmmm...my friend was playing in sum championships 4 illawarra in unanderra (wollongong) the other weekend 2...i dont know wat championships they were but she was there! ive kinda lost track of wat teams she is in, but i know she plays 4 illawarra in womens, n i think under 18s, n i think she is in the nsw under 18s indoor but not entirely sure....n she mite b reserve 4 nsw under 18s outdoor, but again, lost track of wat shes in! lol....newayz, enuf of me braggin bout her....i love watching indoor, i think its a bit more exciting than outdoor 2 watch! :)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
I dont know much about hockey, but I had the pleasure of watching the Australia vs Netherlands game.

How hot are hockey chicks? Especially our own girls, Nikki Hudson is gorgeous. Im a convert to this sport...

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
yeah i caught the last 10 mins of aust vs china the other night.
i looooooooooove watching it. love it
and nikki hudson is amazing.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
why dont they just some more coverage?

if you hockey enthusiasts just put up a petition, who knows what could happen. I mean, as much as I love the Trans Tasman lawn bowls at 5pm on Saturday, I wouldnt my getting a bit of stick and puck.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Check out Kate Hollywood... 19 year old hottie playing for australia. Shes dang fine. the netherlands chicks are quick good looking 2!!!! :D

yeh i could support a petition to get more hockey coverage . the mens champ trophie is about to start in India but we wont see any vision. Even worse ozzie men are starting faviourites.... grrr

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Yeah that Kate Hollywood chick is damn fine. Our girls are hotter than the Dutch ones, shit Id love to be in the changerooms...

Mens hockey? Ill be going for the Kookaburras, but my interest was in the womens coz it was in Canberra, so I went to a few games.

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Yeah that Kate Hollywood chick is damn fine. Our girls are hotter than the Dutch ones, shit Id love to be in the changerooms...

Mens hockey? Ill be going for the Kookaburras, but my interest was in the womens coz it was in Canberra, so I went to a few games.
Kate Hollywood is an air head - had the " honour" of playing most of my hockey with her. Shes not that fantastic - average really just got connections and everyone in the hockey world knows it.

Hockey will never get more coverage as the ball is too small and too hard to pick up on TV - its an amateur sport with no money so no one is interested in covering it.

Oh and I play - have for 15 years - im 19 - play womens first grade since i was 14, represented NSW, Countless merit teams including australian uni green and gold team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)