• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Holiday physics! :D (1 Viewer)

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has tried doing the rest of the physics course in the long holidays by yourself? how was it? Do you think I should do it?! or should i rather practise the stuff I've already done at school?

-OrangeJuice-

HSC
It depends on how much detail you go into and how well you consolidate it through questions. Realistically you probably could finish the whole course int he holidays, with assistance from videos online and such if need be. It's up to you in the end: if your committed enough and are capable of learning and applying concepts on your own, then go for it. But it is by no means impossible.

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Thank you for your reply! :)
In my opinion i would say that reading it first and making notes before hand and then actually doing it in class will help cement the information in your head. I'd say it wouldnt be the worst to understand the work before your peers.

DamTameNaken

HSC
I'm doing this. Going through all four modules these holidays. So far I've finished the option topic that we did last term and i'm halfway through 'space'. I've just been reading through the textbook along with 'students guide to HSC physics' and i'll be doing questions once i'm done all four modules.

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Great! The students guide to HSC physics has literally everything you need to know about the course unless youre doing another option topic from Quanta to Quarks and its free too! Guys trust me your life would be way more comfortable if you do the course in these holidays

MilkDrinker

HSC
Yeh I am doing this also except I got a Uni student for a long lesson a week to help me along (i.e. keep my pace and explain the concepts) and I use this motivation to write my notes so I don't have to do them later (just the investigations/pracs left out) and I think this way is better since it saves me time later to focus on just reading them/study and questions and other subjects. The notes are my main aim in these holidays (finished one topic already, motors and generators. finished half my notes for the module we did in school and starting another module this week). I find this great since I will better understand the information when my teacher explains it in class.
Good luck if you wish to pursue this

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Yep thats awesome! I am doing ideas to implementations this week and its quite interesting. The next two weeks I have the matrix holiday course which i go to everyday for 3 hours for Motors and Generators. Hope its easy! These long holiday periods are a great way to make notes rather than cram right before your exams!

Bearman

HSC
i studied physics over my summer holidays (and also went to the physics olympiad summer school) and came 1st, it's certainly doable if you do it properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)