Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

bshoc

HSC
N/A
townie said:
u idiot, the 18% would have been the "undecided", and the poll was done by Newspoll (albiet for the SBS, but still not done by the SBS)
Say whatever you like, what SBS wrote speaks for itself, and its not by chance that they would post such a blatantly pro-gay poll instead of using the average ones like the herald.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
It doesn't matter about personal experiences of marriage. The fact is that there are no requirements for marriage such as intentions to reproduce, other than that the two people must be of opposite sex. I think that should change, and that gay people should permitted to marry, for the same reason straight people are- whatever reason they want.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ihavenothing said:
Rubbish! My mum's best family friends couldn't afford to have children so they decided against it but they are still together and very wealthy because they didn't have kids. It was their choice and they didn't have them even though later down the track they could but they were in their 40s and too much of a hassle.
It would be too much of a hassle trying to prevent marriages like these, whereas the circus shows you call "gay marriages" are as easy to prevent as keeping the status quo.

spell check

HSC
hey i think i've solved your problem

you disagree with gay marriage because marriage should only ever be for the purpose of raising children,

there are lots of abortions in this country,

why not allow gay couples to adopt unwanted children, then they can get married because they will be raising children. everybody wins.

argument over.

i also love how you think it is a problem for SBS to be 'pro-gay', like gays are bad and this is a big deal. would it also be shocking for SBS to seem 'pro-red hair' or 'anti-short people'

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Circus shows?? Could you be any more homophobic?

But what is wrong with marriages that don't produce children? WHAT is so good about keeping the status quo? What is so harmful about gay marriage???

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Except that the same people who disagree with gay marriage think that gay people will recruit young, innocent children to their hideous hypersexual lifestyle, or kill and torture them for sexual sport. We're vicious, you know.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
dagwoman said:
It doesn't matter about personal experiences of marriage. The fact is that there are no requirements for marriage such as intentions to reproduce, other than that the two people must be of opposite sex. I think that should change, and that gay people should permitted to marry, for the same reason straight people are- whatever reason they want.
Oh please

Marriage is a naturally occurring pre-political institution that the state only recognizes as it recognizes other natural institutions such as jobs and families. "Government does not create marriage any more than government creates jobs." All same-sex marriage does is that it advocates changes the social importance of marriage from its natural function of higher hetrosexual union and reproduction into a mere legality or freedom to have sex.

You're not going to change thousands of years of human history and relationship with a piece of paper, not that most people will ever give you that piece of paper either. Get over it.

And yes there is no such thing as a gay family, its just a freakshow, alot like gays and the places they inhabit (ie. oxford st., mardi gras) show me one historic instance of a functional "gay family,"

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
bshoc said:
Oh please

Marriage is a naturally occurring pre-political institution that the state only recognizes as it recognizes other natural institutions such as jobs and families. "Government does not create marriage any more than government creates jobs." All same-sex marriage does is that it advocates changes the social importance of marriage from its natural function of higher hetrosexual union and reproduction into a mere legality or freedom to have sex.

You're not going to change thousands of years of human history and relationship with a piece of paper, not that most people will ever give you that piece of paper either. Get over it.

And yes there is no such thing as a gay family, its just a freakshow, alot like gays and the places they inhabit (ie. oxford st., mardi gras) show me one historic instance of a functional "gay family,"
someone obviously hasn't woken up to reality. what's ur problem with gays? well before marriage was a legality it was a religious union. who says marriage is only a "natural function of higher hetrosexual union and reproduction" It's not unatural for people to love people of the same sex, it's just different.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
dagwoman said:
You have NO IDEA about gay families. Saying Oxford St and Mardi Gras reflects gay families is like suggesting raves and dance parties for straight people reflect heterosexual families.

This is what I found in a 5 second google search:

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/record/archives/vol22/vol22_iss4/Lesbian_Gay_Families.html

You keep saying marriage is for reproduction, but it isn't anymore. You can't use that claim.
right on. exept i don't think marriage was even originally for reproduction. any fool who is against gays need to curl up in their own little box and let the world pass them by

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Dougie said:
right on. exept i don't think marriage was even originally for reproduction. any fool who is against gays need to curl up in their own little box and let the world pass them by
Too bad 60% of the population aren't going to do that eh?

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Are you going to bother responding to the actual points of argument we brought up? You fall back on that "60%" thing every time you can't think of a rebuttal.

spell check

HSC
bshoc said:
the same was probably said about ending slavery and achieving race and gender equality.

just as people now know that there are no 'inferior races', we know that homosexuality is natural. anyone who continues to believe otherwise is stupid, and will be left behind as society moves forward

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
bshoc said:
Too bad 60% of the population aren't going to do that eh?
put some meat behind that claim and say where you got it from, cause it's definately not the poll on this forum

bshoc

HSC
N/A
dagwoman said:
You have NO IDEA about gay families. Saying Oxford St and Mardi Gras reflects gay families is like suggesting raves and dance parties for straight people reflect heterosexual families.

This is what I found in a 5 second google search:

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/record/archives/vol22/vol22_iss4/Lesbian_Gay_Families.html

You keep saying marriage is for reproduction, but it isn't anymore. You can't use that claim.
Your case relies on de-valuing and insulting the current system of marriage, by saying how useless and loose it is, you're not going to get anywhere, especially with that kind of case.

Gays should mind their own business, the same way the rest of society does.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
spell check said:
the same was probably said about ending slavery and achieving race and gender equality.

just as people now know that there are no 'inferior races', we know that homosexuality is natural. anyone who continues to believe otherwise is stupid, and will be left behind as society moves forward
No because those pieces of paper actually meant something.

Have fun moving forward in your minority lefty society.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Yes, because calling gay marriage a "freak show" and claiming we're pedophiles is certainly minding your own business. I'm not "de-valuing and insulting" what marriage is today, I'm simply highlighting the lack of requirements for marriage in modern society, and the way marriage means different things for different people. I think this is a GOOD thing- people shouldn't be expected to have children just because they're married, nor be of a certain race etc.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
bshoc said:
Your case relies on de-valuing and insulting the current system of marriage, by saying how useless and loose it is, you're not going to get anywhere, especially with that kind of case.

Gays should mind their own business, the same way the rest of society does.
and i guess you think that the current system of marriage is based around legalities rather that a joining of two people in love. in which case you don't even know what it is to be married.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
dagwoman said:
Are you going to bother responding to the actual points of argument we brought up? You fall back on that "60%" thing every time you can't think of a rebuttal.
Not that you're coming up with anything but emotional bs ...

There is nothing stronger than one can fall back on that society's verdict, since in the end thats really all that matters.

And just incase you haven't noticed, this forum in no way represents society, or even youth in general, its blatantly leftist with a few exceptions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)