Hong Kong/China (1 Viewer)

*AnT*

i hate my username.
HSC
N/A
Ok, so im chinese but i dont wanna sleep at a relatives house whilst im there seeing as how im going with my 2 friends(end of year 12 next year). Can anyone reccomend a cheapish but good accomodation hotel that they might have stayed at?
thanks in advance

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I staid at the Miramar Hotel in Hong Kong. I don't know if it was inexpensive but it was good.

James747

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
the peninsula?
Thats if you're prepared to pay up to A$300+ per night! XD

Last time I went I stayed at Harbour Plaza Metropolis, it was absolutely fantastic! Very clean and big rooms, with panaromic views of Victoria Harbour. Wasn't that expensive neither, only $2XX per night for a room [mini apartment] that sleeps 4.

If your abit tight on budget, try BP International Hotel in Kowloon. I stayed there 2 years ago. The rooms have all been newly furnished, but are abit too small for my liking. However, its is extremely convinient as its close to everywhere. We managed to book it for A$99 per night last time at Xmas high season through an online site, but I doubt you can still get the price at this time of the year if you're planning to leave this year.

One hotel/motel you MUST avoid at ALL costs is Ann Black House (not sure if name is right, but its something like that). My dad wanted real cheap accomodation last time he went HKG, and asked for a refund after staying there just one night! XDDDDD

Hope this helps... =)

Cheers

*AnT*

i hate my username.
HSC
N/A
cheers James.
sounds great.
$99AUD...thats a bargain!
but i guess the one that fits 4 people for $2xx aint that bad as we're gunna split it up...between 3 people...
and yeah, im on a budget as i am going to go crazy spending on product... ;)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
the peninsula?
LOL!

But srsly because of their colonial prestige, hotels like The Peninsula HK and Raffles Hotel in Singapore room rates are way excessive. U could get a similarly luxurious room at say the Shangri-La, InterContinental or Oriental for much less.

Then again they do have helicopter or Rolls-Royce pick up to and from the airport, which is pretty convenient...

James747

HSC
AcStyle* said:
LOL!

But srsly because of their colonial prestige, hotels like The Peninsula HK and Raffles Hotel in Singapore room rates are way excessive. U could get a similarly luxurious room at say the Shangri-La, InterContinental or Oriental for much less.

Then again they do have helicopter or Rolls-Royce pick up to and from the airport, which is pretty convenient...
Location also plays a part. The peninsula is easily accessble by all forms of transport - ferry, taxi, bus, and -as you said- even helicopter, with shopping centres and museums just blocks away. I don't think any other hotel in hk can offer this, along with the amazing (not so much now thanks to the mainland) views of Victoria Harbour right by the doorstep.

James747

HSC
*AnT* said:
cheers James.
sounds great.
$99AUD...thats a bargain!
but i guess the one that fits 4 people for $2xx aint that bad as we're gunna split it up...between 3 people...
and yeah, im on a budget as i am going to go crazy spending on product... ;)
The bookings for both hotels were made through hotelclub.net. If its the right time, you can find yourself with absolute bargains. ;)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
but in all seriousness theres so much to choose from...nikko hotel, shangri la, harbour plaza etc that offer waterfront views for half the price of peninsula....thats one to die for
unless you're a tightass son of a bitch that can afford to live in dirty hostels for $30 HKD a night then accommodation is pretty much set
all in all, dont live in the hotels where it is almost impossible to sleep at night...ie newton/ concourse

oh is there anyone going in december?
maybe we should do a bos meet up ;)

Last edited:

James747

HSC
U mean hard to sleep cuz of night traffic? Not so much the case, as most rooms have thick glass to block the sound, and your also elevated.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah, not only the traffic noise, but living in one of the most populated areas in the world, accompanied by the horrendous traffic smog, its no wonder why i hated living there
stayed at concourse for 4 days :(

keromadison

HSC
hey.. don't live at the Peninsula.. too expensive.. chec out the motel right next to it. I think it's a YHA?... something like that.. heaps cheaper.. I stayed there when my cuz got married at teh Peninsula. Quite clean.. cheaper.. ok views

James747

HSC
its called YMCA... Looks quite good from outside, but i think BP Intl would be a better choice. Newly renovated rooms with a pretty good view and location. Cheaper than YMCA too.

*AnT*

i hate my username.
HSC
N/A
azn_gangsta81 said:
but in all seriousness theres so much to choose from...nikko hotel, shangri la, harbour plaza etc that offer waterfront views for half the price of peninsula....thats one to die for
unless you're a tightass son of a bitch that can afford to live in dirty hostels for $30 HKD a night then accommodation is pretty much set
all in all, dont live in the hotels where it is almost impossible to sleep at night...ie newton/ concourse

oh is there anyone going in december?
maybe we should do a bos meet up ;)
im going next year december......so that'd be ok...
save up cash...then go crazy....

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Asian hotels are fairly seedy... there are too many prostitutes hanging around.

James747

HSC
_dhj_ said:
Asian hotels are fairly seedy... there are too many prostitutes hanging around.
I'm sure it's not only Asian hotels... not that I agree with you in the first place.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Whn I was in HK, I stayed at the Hilltop Country Club. It was quite nice, with daily bus routes taking you to the MTR, I dont know abt the price, but it was located in Tsuen Wan,
Singles and Doubles start at 570 HKD as advertised on their wbesite.

http://www.hotel.hk/hotel.php?id=10080

^Only if you know how to read Chinesey.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
James747 said:
I'm sure it's not only Asian hotels... not that I agree with you in the first place.
Seriously though in Southern China the prostitutes call your hotel room every fifteen minutes.

Or maybe I've been staying in the wrong hotels :p

Last edited:

James747

HSC
_dhj_ said:
Seriously though in Southern China the prostitutes call your hotel room every fifteen minutes.

Or maybe I've been staying in the wrong hotels :p
Who knows... :rolleyes:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
.....unless your hotel is located near portland street, then hookers aernt a problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)