HONOUR ROLL Out Early?? (8 Viewers)

ahmed.f

HSC
Same here, one of my expected subjects aren't there despite doing extremely well internally and finding the exam not too bad. My surname is from K onwards so praying that it's incomplete and that the subject will show up tomorrow.
May I ask what subject that was?

Luke322

HSC
For anybody wondering, the first in state lists are now out. Congrats to everybody who made the list and to those who didn't remember it's just an extra accomplishment that doesn't actually impact your ATAR too much

ColdMint123

HSC
dude I guess we’re both clowns then cause I’ve been stalking this thread since the results were leaked. the imposter syndrome is so real cause my results were wayyyy too good for how I felt coming out of the external exams. some god was listening to my prayers and my dumbass managed to get band 6s in all my subs. still think it’s all a practical joke cause maths adv was fucked up and chemistry gave me nightmares for a week. atars are a whole different story. i don’t wanna check but ive waited this long for results so screw it.

may sleep through all of tmrw/today (?) to have the 20th come faster and put me out of my misery.
this is mad relatable. I came out of english paper 2 knowing my modc was a solid 5/20, still got a b6. Gods were listening after all

HSC
I find it hard to believe NESA would completely make the entire list and have it ready to publish but with external marks only... Even so, it has been confirmed that this was a "2021 HSC distinguished achievers list" which is overall mark.

Luke322

HSC
7 1st in the states for maths advanced.. not suprising I guess considering how many people get 100 in the external exam.

ahmed.f

HSC
I find it hard to believe NESA would completely make the entire list and have it ready to publish but with external marks only... Even so, it has been confirmed that this was a "2021 HSC distinguished achievers list" which is overall mark.
I see

tbanne

HSC
this is mad relatable. I came out of english paper 2 knowing my modc was a solid 5/20, still got a b6. Gods were listening after all
Christ don’t get me started on English. Mod a threw me the hell off with the extract and screenshot of my movie. That essay ate up so much of my time. And Mod c was a mess cause I (no exaggeration) had less than 30 minutes to pull a story out of my ass. I’m surprised they could even read my reflection with the way I raced through it. The exam superviser (bless his soul) was so freaking concerned with how my hands turned red in the last 5 mins.
Anyways I guesstimated a solid mid tier band 5 since my internals were good but there is a god out there apparently 😂

Jojofelyx

HSC
Maybe this list is just the external mark no?
Dude you just asked this very question last night.

No. The answer is no. The honour list has never been made up of 'just external marks' that makes no sense. The literal purpose of the honour list is to show which students received a band 6 as their final HSC mark.

If you don't already know, the HSC mark = (Internal moderated mark + Assessment mark) / 2

It makes no sense for NESA to randomly start putting up external marks as being band 6 and classifying students into the honours list. Band 6's aren't distributed like that lmao.

The only way that your suggestion might be correct is if NESA massively fucked up somehow and just forgot how they've been giving out band 6's in the decades that it has heppened lol. The chance that you are right in this case is less than 0.1%, i wouldn't be holding onto that level of hope because its probably going to end up being even more disappointing tomorrow. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't done as well as you had hoped, its sure a kick in the nuts, but you just gotta take it on the chin.

Jojofelyx

HSC
i think the thing might be that they hadnt finished adding all the b6s for all the subjects, so dont lose hope if you havent gotten a b6 yet
For K's and L's and a few of the last few letters of the alphabet they sure haven't. As for most of the other surnames, it looks pretty done to me.

ahmed.f

HSC
Dude you just asked this very question last night.

No. The answer is no. The honour list has never been made up of 'just external marks' that makes no sense. The literal purpose of the honour list is to show which students received a band 6 as their final HSC mark.

If you don't already know, the HSC mark = (Internal moderated mark + Assessment mark) / 2

It makes no sense for NESA to randomly start putting up external marks as being band 6 and classifying students into the honours list. Band 6's aren't distributed like that lmao.

The only way that your suggestion might be correct is if NESA massively fucked up somehow and just forgot how they've been giving out band 6's in the decades that it has heppened lol. The chance that you are right in this case is less than 0.1%, i wouldn't be holding onto that level of hope because its probably going to end up being even more disappointing tomorrow. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't done as well as you had hoped, its sure a kick in the nuts, but you just gotta take it on the chin.
I guess we will have to wait and see until tomorrow

Perhaps they were just the external marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)