Honours entry (1 Viewer)

patty4848

HSC
Just wondering, is it possible to complete a bachelors degree at one uni, and complete honours at another? I've looked at entry requirements by unis for honours years and most of them say that it requires a bachelors degree...

Any help would be great!

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Really? Across all departments? And how does it work on paper - BA from Macquarie, honours from ANU (for example)?
I'm not sure whether it's across all departments, but that could be the case. From what I gather, it's regarded as a transfer probably in the same way as a transfer in 2nd or 3rd year would be treated. So you'd put in all the transfer paperwork well before you're scheduled to graduate from your original uni, and end up with an ANU degree.

izzy88

HSC
I think USYD allows it- from what it says on their honours information site:

"For those faculties where honours is a research based academic year taken at the completion of a bachelors degree, gaining entry is competitive and is available regardless of where you studied your undergraduate degree."

What is Honours? - Honours - The University of Sydney

I don't actually know how it works out though, whether it says Arts (MQ) Honours (USYD) for example or just where you got the honours from.

mmm_brrraains

HSC
N/A
No idea how it works on paper, or if it's across all departments sorry. It's definitely the case for Politics, IR, Archaeology and Anthropology at any rate. I suspect it may be true across the university though. Hell, there's even an Honours scholarship for BA students that is ONLY available to students who completed the other 3 years of their degree outside the ANU.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
No idea how it works on paper, or if it's across all departments sorry. It's definitely the case for Politics, IR, Archaeology and Anthropology at any rate. I suspect it may be true across the university though. Hell, there's even an Honours scholarship for BA students that is ONLY available to students who completed the other 3 years of their degree outside the ANU.
That's what I want :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)