>< Hope?! (1 Viewer)

JackyS

HSC
Hey,,
ii've fallen behind in studies so bad during this HSC year, that its not funny
term 1, term 2, i was doiing fine.
Above average in every subject...
but eversince then, due to some bad study practices... i've gone downhill...
my trials are in 2 weeks...
and im hella scared.....
all my maths are worth 40%
english 30%
legal 40$
chem 30%
im losing hope, and contemplating just giving up completly.
i've been aiming for 90 uai from the beginning
if i do as well as possible...
could i still achieve this?
i've kindah lost hope cos my rankings are so CRAPZ!
3u - 40/68
4u 36/39
English - 85/130
Chem 55/68
legal 17/28
><><><!!!
maybe i should just give up, and fail my HSC ><!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Make the most of the time you have left to prepare for the trials. Don't just sit there thinking about your current situation, do something about it. Think positive and have some faith, it's not over yet. Good luck.

piecheck

HSC
N/A
get off ur ass n study you peice of poop..hehe (note i was the one who just posted the thread 'The HSC Sux')..meh..its so much easier to motivate ppl other than myself...anyways, rather than the..u'll be fine, think positive approch....i prefer to swear at ppl and say...get off ur farkin sorry ass!!...can i go all out and fully swear bos..? cos i could.. :p

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yep Riviet is right best to make the most of the two weeks you have left to prepare for your trials and study up hard, two weeks you can achieve a lot if you work hard you should be able to bring those rankings up a little and at least you shall know you had given the HSC the best possible shoot you could.

Don't give up now the end is in sight, you haven't wasted 13 years of schooling just to fall at the finial hurdle, just look forward to the end of the HSC all the opportunities and fun that can be had after it is over.Good Luck!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
and subjects don't determine your UAI, your results do.
I agree and besides it varies from year to year.
Take the HSC History extension course.

Around 40% of candiature in 2001-2004 recieved bands of E4
in 2005 HSC the candiature recieving band E4 dropped to 9%
Yet with the people who recieved a lower E3 or even E2, their results did not go astry with their UAI.

I wonder how i'm going to do in it:confused:. Hmm.

dddman said:
bluntly, everyone thinks ur gonna kill it but i know your gonna get a heaps shit uai based on those subjects. im guessing 50
In regards to Kid.@dmin, I have every confidence he will do brilliantly in it.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
aaah, i see some certain posts were finally deleted :)

luscious-llama said:
In regards to Kid.@dmin, I have every confidence he will do brilliantly in it.
i second that notion.

Cpt obvious

HSC
Stupid HSC it has turned from a nerd to a class clown. the best way to get teh UAI up is just get back into a study routine eat well and sleep properly

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
Just try really hard not to think like that, I almost feel the same way but because I want to do really well i'd never forgive myself for giving up. I feel like absolotute shit atm, I feel really unprepared for all subjects :(

Last edited:

xx.lexi.xx

HSC
There is always hope.

Stick out and try as best you can for the moment, if you dont get your end result there are always other avenues. Have you looked into Uni as a mature age student?
Discuss it with your careers counsellor.

The HSC isnt the end of the world, its so minor compared to everything else we are going to face when we leave school behind.

doobee

HSC
Oh my God you poor thing. I can understand you pannicking but you need to relax as much as possible. If you can do it yourself, I suggest Rescue Remedy (get it from the Chemist) because it really helps me.
Seccond, you have two weeks. That's better than none, but if you're going to do this you need to drop everything and study (sounds crappy I know).
Third, UAI over 90 is achieveable, but may be a little bit hard. Why do you want it so badly? Would you settle for 85?
Also remeber that it is acary that these exams are worth so much, but that could work in your favour if you do really well.
Finally remeber that everyone makes mistakes and the biggest thing is to learn from them. Don't drop out, just hold on. Even if your HSC isn't very impressive, youre better to have it than to be wothout it. And at the end of the day if your marks arent what you need, take some time of and then (if uin is what you want) enter as a mature age student.
Just hang in there sonny-jim!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)