Host response...no immunity? (1 Viewer)

Smoke

What happens when your body first meets with a pathogen? I'm trying to find some stuff for the host response to the varicella zoster (chicken pox) and i'm having trouble, i dont feel that using the generic antibody and t cell response description will be fancy enough. If anyone has an answer to these 2 questions, i would really love to hear about it, after which ill post a flow chart breaking it up into processes, like in a flow diagram.

Thanks for the help!

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
If the pathogen can bypass the non-specific 1st and 2nd line defense barriers, then it will reach the third.... and be identified as foreign because it carries antigens on its surface...

which then it stimulates B and T cells replication and etc....

umm check

www.wikipedia.com for ur chicken pox thingo for a starter

Smoke

Yes, but where there are no antibodies that can be produced to fight the pathogen, what happens?

That situation is not detailed in any of my 3 text books

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
u produce them :)

ok..
VZV.. is a respiratory borne virus... it targets certian cells esp the root ganglions.. hence i reappears as shingles..when ppl are older or immunocomprimised

now..
it infects the cells.. then replicates... with all proteins made in a cell.. a sample it expressed on the surface in a special receptor called HLA or MHC-1... ... then these can activate Natural killer cells
and also be phagocytosed by marcophages and other APCs and presented with MHC-2 receptors.. to Tcells

with normal cells .. the protein presented is 'self'. So unlesss there is an underlying autoimmune disease.. ure body doesnt react..

with viral infected cells.. the protein presented is 'non-self'.. this activates.. Tcells which then activate Bcells to identify the protein.. then u get production of viral specific antibodies.. tat bind to other viral infected cells.. and leads to a immune response..

its quite complex.. i didnt do HSC bio.. so i dunno wat detail u need

hawtyu

HSC
Hi friends
As you told that you were just wondering by chickenpox, did anyone have chickenpox? Well you had chickenpox When you were Five, Because you had played with my Nasty ass, so take care of yourself and use zovirax drug for more information see- http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3741-s-zovirax.aspx it has less side effects and the side effects are here- the most prominent side effects of Zovirax taken, as injections, are pain followed by swelling and redness near the point of injection. During the nascent period of usage, patients are sure to have diarrhea, headache etc.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You do not need to know about Natural Killer cells, MHC or APCs.

jims

HSC
useless, but for your interest, people who cannot mount an effective immune response to a pathogen tend to die. the moral? have safe sex and avoid AIDS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)