Hotel Rwanda, Help needed urgently (1 Viewer)

baekuai

HSC
hey guys does anyone have any notes on the concept of belonging in the movie hotel rwanda? or could anyone suggest how it relates to the concept of belonging? thnx for the help guys

isaiahmercado

HSC
i've seen bits of hotel rawanda and i think one of the ways you can link it to the concept ofbelonging is that belonging is a very personal journey, a journey to find your belonging and should not be determined by others.
i think near the start the narrator talks about how the difference between hutu and tutsi came about and how it was the dutch that decided what criteria made you belong as a hutu or a tutsi. and what ensues is that separation and violence between the hutu and tutsi just because someone said " hey you belong here and you belong here"
ummm yeh just a thought hope it helps.

sophie.p

HSC
i studied a bit of the 1994 rwandan genocide in year 11 but i did it as for history. if your using the movie for english look up a it of the background becausee like the last person who wrote somethign said it was european influence, especially belgian that started identifying the groups. also maybe you could talk about the moderate hutus that didnt really belong to either group and were being slaughtered by hutus anyway, so they didnt belong to either group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)