hotmail (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huy

HSC
N/A
change it to Medium-Low, and then try accessing hotmail if that doesnt work move it down to Low.
Winston is out to hack the planet! :p

(I didn't know you could double click the globe, never really tried it until now - I've always been a Tools -> Internet Options man thanks for the tip ;))

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Winston is out to hack the planet! :p

(I didn't know you could double click the globe, never really tried it until now - I've always been a Tools -> Internet Options man thanks for the tip ;))
It may seem i'm hacking but i'm not ! :p.... bah i duno this was the hottest topic in my tech support list and i finally resolved it :p... so i guess i'll share :D

haha and you're kidding about not knowing the globe rite? :S

Huy

HSC
N/A
you're kidding about not knowing the globe rite? :S
Nope! I was a Netscape Navigator Gold user, before going to Internet Explorer 4, then 5, switching to Mozilla Browser for a long time (after Netscape Communicator, it was all going downhill). After a period with Mozilla I decided to start using the in-built browser, so I started using Internet Explorer 5.5 and never really looked at that globe/bottom right hand corner (everything was in the left hand corner, that I'm use to looking at). For a short period of time I was a Firebird (formerly Phoenix) supporter, switching two and fro between Mozilla, Firebird (essentially the same rendering engine) and Internet Explorer. Now I'm just too lazy to install different browsers, moving my favourites (or importing), settings/config and frequently visited sites, along with other niceities such as tabbed browsing, pop-up blocking, autocomplete and so on - I'm becoming lazier with my browsing habits.

Basically, no, I didn't know that you could double click, as I would always hover over it (which doesn't do anything). :shy:

Winston

HSC
oh ok fair enough, im not a fan of other browsers, i just stick with default lol.. im more lazy :p... i can understand wat u mean its a pain in the ass when u finished formating and changing all ur paths to point to other things and installing this and that, its a fucking pain the ass, thats why i installed a nice installation of windows like a few weeks ago and ghost it with all my apps and setting set up :D.. so if i dont like this one me fucking revert to clean image :p...

Huy

HSC
N/A
im not a fan of other browsers, i just stick with default lol
When I get my Mac, I'm going Safari! :D But you should really give other browsers a go, you might be surprised at how well they perform, features, etc. I think one of the most attractive (non-sexually) feature of Mozilla or Firebird would be the in-built pop-up blocking and tabbed browsing. Sure, you can get addons for Internet Explorer (MyIE2, Crazy Browser, etc) but nothing beats a standalone browser. Tabbed browsing is one of the best features of the 'non-IE' browser world, but it becomes confusing when you've got all these tabs up the top, and a whole heap of MSN/other apps running down the bottom - there was a time when I had my start menu (panel) up the top, but that was in the Windows 98 days.

I had Ghosted my hard disk (only C, 10GB) onto an 8GB Fujitsu (I don't have anything but the OS and installed apps to C), but it became a pain in the butt, because everytime I wanted to reload the Ghost image, I'd have to physically install a new hard disk, connecting the power cables and IDE cable, making sure that I've got it to cable select or jumpered correctly. (I dont have room in my computer to leave another hard disk in there, if only for Ghosting purposes). I would usually have a Ghost image on my other partitions, but if Windows ever fails on me (which it hasn't, not for some time), then I'll have to live with it hehehe and perform all the 'boring' tasks again, from scratch.

In the time it takes you to install windows, I would have had to rip out a removable HDD bay, fiddle around with the jumpers if necessary, install the drive and restart my computer - I'm not a fan of restarting the computer every day :p

Winston

HSC
LOL! yeah... tab browsing i like it, but heck for a few windows yeah it's fine, i hate to be you with your 89 BOS windows opened with the title as "Bored ofStu..." all truncated or cut off with ellipses lol!:p how on earth do u manage to keep in track with wat window haha! I like pop-ups, i have a game against them, i time myself how long it takes me to close them all but sometimes i result in closing all my IE windows lol!! :D... but lets wait for Longhorn, lets see what they have installed for IE 7, but for now i'm enjoying IE/MSN 9

Huy

HSC
N/A
like pop-ups, i have a game against them, i time myself how long it takes me to close them all
You need to get out more... LOL! :p
i hate to be you with your 89 BOS windows opened with the title as "Bored ofStu..." all truncated or cut off with ellipses lol
I think it's looking like "B..." when I have other sites open too (not necessarily BOS-only).
how on earth do u manage to keep in track with wat window haha!
I have the main BOS index on the first tab, and on the second and subsequent tabs I have each of the "new threads" - following those threads are new tabs, which have been opened in their own window (tab). I work backwards until I reach the main index again, I only open the threads I'm interested in and keep track of them by hovering over the tabs to see the thread title. ;)

Longhorn should be something, in-built download manager and pop-up blocking, I really hope they have tabbed browsing for IE, because nobody likes to see "4mm" wide tabs, LOL. :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MiSSi
i dont think winston's prob has resolved anything
You mean: Winston's solution has not resolved your problem.

...but I think Winston does have a problem, that has yet to be resolved. (another story) :p

iambored's post kind of solves the issue though, because hotmail only works half the time for her, although checking through MSN may work too, as iambored has suggested.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by psycho_mushy
can u hack into hotmail accounts? :p
It's not called hacking if you get into your own acct. :rolleyes:

psycho_mushy

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
It's not called hacking if you get into your own acct. :rolleyes:
well obviously I was pointing out "hacking hacking"

DUH!

Huy

HSC
N/A
well obviously I was pointing out "hacking hacking"
DUH!
What is "hacking hacking"? :confused:
can u hack into hotmail accounts?
If this was a serious question, yes.

But I thought you were meaning to say:

"Can't you hack into your account to recover it?" (or something similar) to Missi.

In which case, my subsequent post is there for a reason: hacking into your own account is not considered to be hacking, as breaking into your own house is not considered a break-in. (at least I don't think it does, in the eyes of the law, if you break a window because you've locked yourself out, and it's your house, you're fine). :shy:

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Well i managed to help MiSSi find a backdoor to getting into Hotmail with ease, this is by navigating to www.msn.com, and signing in using your .NET Passport i.e. msn or hotmail address, and from there you have a control panel which has a hotmail link, i think the problem with some users experiencing hotmail sign in problems would be the fact the "Sign in" page for hotmail isn't correctly loading for them, i've experienced this with many users who i help out, so iambored, you can try this method as well, but for now this is the best method i have thought of which may work and which isn't too much of a pain in the ass, hope i've helped :)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy

...but I think Winston does have a problem, that has yet to be resolved. (another story) :p

Yeah i do have a problem, and i hope you don't disclose it thank you!

Huy

HSC
N/A
That was my tip!
Originally posted by Huy
- Try using ninemsn or alternative ways to sign into your passport (not necessarily through www.hotmail.com)
- Try checking your email through the Messenger service
Originally posted by MiSSi
kinda tried all that
Kinda = did not 'try all that'

I suggested that Missi use alternative pathways eg www.passport.com or even www.msn.com - passport lists many sites which have .NET Passport Integration. I also noted that you can try other sites, not necessarily www.hotmail.com as well as checking your account via the MSN protocol (.NET Messenger Service). :)

http://www.passport.net/Directory/Default.asp?PPDir=C&lc=3081

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
That was my tip!

Kinda = did not 'try all that'

I suggested that Missi use alternative pathways eg www.passport.com or even www.msn.com - passport lists many sites which have .NET Passport Integration. I also noted that you can try other sites, not necessarily www.hotmail.com as well as checking your account via the MSN protocol (.NET Messenger Service). :)

http://www.passport.net/Directory/Default.asp?PPDir=C&lc=3081

DAHAHHA didn't read any posts in here so i didn't steal your method, but since you're so keen at this, all credit goes to Huy *bows*, *me walks back far far away from Huy*.

Huy

HSC
N/A
LOL! I'm not keen on it. I would have liked Missi to have read and implemented each suggestion, rather than say "I kind of tried everything you suggested... but really, I didn't do anything different" (for example, this may not have been the case). Plus, I know Missi in real life so ...yes, maybe a little credit would have been preferred, but I'm not scoring any brownie points with her. :shy:

No need to bow or step back, I'm just a little worried that nobody reads my short posts, whereas everybody looks at my longer posts and reads with intrigue. (okay, maybe not :lol: )

:)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy

I'm just a little worried that nobody reads my short posts, whereas everybody looks at my longer posts and reads with intrigue. (okay, maybe not :lol: )

:)
Have you ever wondered why sometimes people don't read it, it's a little too comprehensive when all you need to write is 1 line, many users and i have known too many, every if it's a small label consisting of a few words "Click here to apply" they still bother me with questions as to where do i apply the settings, i mean as a new developer myself i find it hard to make a nice interface that's easy enough for a lazy user to use, i try to minimise any text just very small labels with two - three words, sheesh, but it goes to show that 80% of users just don't like reading that's why there is actually so many technical support people, i don't even see why they create such nice comprehensive tutorial or help files when users just end up asking for help on a forum or ring up tech support line for assistance, it's absolutely silly and bullshit, so when people ask me stupid little questions like that, quite frankly i tell them to fuck off :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)