Hours for physio? (1 Viewer)

twiddla

I just enrolled in first year physio and made sure i applied for all the courses to make up my full 40 points for each semester that it says on the website. It then gives me a print out of my timetable and when i calculated the number of hours i had per week it was something like about 12. I know that physio at sydney does somewhere between 20-25. I then noticed that there were no pracs listed on the timetable and i assumed that was where the missing hours were. However I am concerned - is there other stuff ishould be enrolled in other than the list on the website or do they just not show the practicals. Can someone who did physio last year help me?

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
did you print out the complete timetable? i noticed that only lectures were on the timetable you are shown when you look at the 'my timetable' section during enrolment. above this timetable is a link to the complete timetable which showed me all of my lectures, tutorials, and labs i had to attend

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Nicho said:
I just enrolled in first year physio and made sure i applied for all the courses to make up my full 40 points for each semester that it says on the website. It then gives me a print out of my timetable and when i calculated the number of hours i had per week it was something like about 12. I know that physio at sydney does somewhere between 20-25. I then noticed that there were no pracs listed on the timetable and i assumed that was where the missing hours were. However I am concerned - is there other stuff ishould be enrolled in other than the list on the website or do they just not show the practicals. Can someone who did physio last year help me?
You're probably just looking at the first week.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
PHTY1010

Contact Hours: Lecture: for 2 Hour(s) per Week for the Full Term
Practical: for 8 Hour(s) per Week for the Full Term
Approximately 10 hrs per week, including 12 hours clinical practice experience.
140 hours total

HUBS1401

Contact Hours: Lecture: for 3 Hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks
Tutorial: for 1 Hour(s) per Week for 8 Weeks

HUBS1104

Contact Hours: Lecture: for 2 Hour(s) per Week for the Full Term
Laboratory: for 2 Hour(s) per Week for the Full Term

total contact hours = 18 for most weeks

taken from:

http://ccdb.newcastle.edu.au/courseinfo/displayprogram.cfm?docid=355&FOS=9&UGPG=13

Last edited:

twiddla

Thanks guys even tho it won't let me look at my timetable now i see now what was going on. Also for neone doing physio in 2005 i was speaking to Shirley prof rivett's secratary and she said the timetable will change

Edit: now it will let me look at it and yes i do have a few more hours

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)