Hours in study for 2010 (1 Viewer)

Julie Y

HSC
hey just wondering if u guys created a study time table..
and how many hours per week will u study for ?

im going to do 30 hrs.. that too less ?

jap continuers
modern history
slr

Aim ataar : above 88 :apig:

Medicine & international studies

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I do ten and a half. 30 hours is too much, I think. Have a life to go with it.

adriano_negr0

HSC
I'm going to be doing around 2 hours a day depending. this will alter with upcoming exams. oh and ill have some days off so i dnt crash
EDIT: so like around 10-12 hours a week study? should be fine i think

CecilyMare

HSC
30 hours is a lot. And I remember that it was actually recommended in my school diary for us seniors to study 4 hours a weeknight, but imo you'll end up a nutcase. We spend already 6 hours at school, and for me I even have to spend 3 hrs travelling everyday, and no I will not study on the bus or train unless it's reading something. Sooo if I were to be normal like you are and study 4-5 hours a day, that's over 13 hours devoted to school. I refuse to spend half my life atm doing things related to school. It's more corrupted than school itself is.

kcqn93

HSC
I do about 5-7 hours on weeknights and probably probably half a day on the weekends each.

Might sound crazy... but I'm not too bright....... and procrastination....... :D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

30 hours in Year 11. Hahahaha.
30 hours in Year 12. Hahahaha.

:D

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

LOL. Does this include homework? If not then probably 1 hour a day. So about 7-10 hours a week. It'll probably change as the weeks go by.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
30 hours is a lot. And I remember that it was actually recommended in my school diary for us seniors to study 4 hours a weeknight, but imo you'll end up a nutcase. We spend already 6 hours at school, and for me I even have to spend 3 hrs travelling everyday, and no I will not study on the bus or train unless it's reading something. Sooo if I were to be normal like you are and study 4-5 hours a day, that's over 13 hours devoted to school. I refuse to spend half my life atm doing things related to school. It's more corrupted than school itself is.
You're a Student. Don't you know that your occupation is to study?

maths94

HSC
about 40-50hours a week maybe more depending on homework and assessments

maths94

HSC

ay this has got nuddn to do with the above quote but wat course u doing, like i can see it in ur signature but i dnt know what it is:jaw:

random boy

HSC
30 hours is allot. I'll probablly just concentrate on doing all my homeowkr and assignment and nicely passing em. Come exam time ill do some actually study well before them.

K

khorne

lol...you guys are funny.

The point is, don't set "hours" to do...set a rough guideline instead.

Eg. Lets say you said...I will do 5 hours tonight. Now, will those 5 hours be 100% productive? Probably not. WIll you slow down, since you have all afternoon? Probably. Will it be a waste of time? yes.

Instead, say: Ok, well I am for 2 hours minimum, but perhaps 3 hours maximum. I will finish my physics notes and do excercise 1 for 3U. This way, you are setting yourself things to do, and not hours.

klaris

HSC
Pft. Depends on how long it takes me to do my homework. Including all the reading probably 2hrs per night, if that.

30 hours it waaay too much. We're sixteen. Go and have some FUN.

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC

jap continuers
modern history
slr

Aim ataar : above 88 :apig:

Medicine & international studies

your atar aim is 88+, 30 hours a week would be almost an hsc timetable. you'll get burnt out so easily

Hope_

Hope~
HSC
your atar aim is 88+, 30 hours a week would be almost an hsc timetable. you'll get burnt out so easily
Yeah, If you consistently study for 30 hours a week, you should be like aiming for 99.5 +

occer

HSC
N/A
Pft. Depends on how long it takes me to do my homework. Including all the reading probably 2hrs per night, if that.

30 hours it waaay too much. We're sixteen. Go and have some FUN.
Finally someone with some sense. I don't 'study' until exams. I probably spend a few hours per night on homework.

Julie Y

HSC
LOL. Does this include homework? If not then probably 1 hour a day. So about 7-10 hours a week. It'll probably change as the weeks go by.

umm ye doesnt include h/w
well i guess i gotta reduce the time :L

CecilyMare

HSC
How would you even be FINDING things to study 30 hrs a week for, this early into the year? Prevision, or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)