Hours of study (1 Viewer)

frog1944

HSC
Hi,

How many hours should you study weekly for MX2? They say at least 50% of your study time, is this true?
How about just for maths like MX1 and 2 unit?

Thanks

DGatez

HSC
Study as much as you need. It depends on the person, anyway. 50% may be excess for some and not for others.

wu345

HSC
It's not about how many hours you do but the quality of them. Sounds cliche but it's really not going to help you doing questions for eight hours straight (It's said that the average can only concentrate effectively for about 30 minutes ). For me, I just did the homework exercise set everyday (took about two hours) and did past papers when it got closer to the exam (~3-4 weeks before)

Glyde

HSC
How many hours do you guys do?
i do 10 units, physics, engo, and standard english included. these are my hours per week
physics 3hours
engineering 3 hours
english 1hour
extension 1- 6 hours
extension 2- 5-6 hours

ext 2 is extremely over rated in hardness

Last edited:

braintic

HSC
N/A
You'll study whatever ever you think is appropriate next term.
Then you'll get your first assessment back and decide you need to study some more.
You'll think you're prepared for the second assessment, only to find they've ramped up the difficulty. So you'll decide to study some more.
And so on.

If your aim is to get the maximum mark possible in X2, there is no such thing as too much study.
If your priority lies with maximising your ATAR, then you need to put a limit on your goals in X2 (unless you are an absolute genius).
It is up to YOU to strike that balance based on your relative abilities in each subject. With luck you will get it right just in time for your HSC exam.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
However much you need.

Some of my friends study 3+ hours a day, I study maybe 4 hours a week at most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)