House/Apartment Sharing in Melbourne anyone?? (1 Viewer)

sunbeca

HSC
so you are selling family home without an agent?
i've got respect for you!.
a while ago i worked as a land sales host in the southwestern suburbs(its developing fast atm) thats how i developed my interest. i miss that industry.
little collins st,
have you been to the laneway where laurent bakery is? they've got some good eats down that lane. love the awesome bento box from tokio sushi.
there are so many other interesting streets. e.g. degraves st. flinders lane...all the artsy farts go there.

my friend who intends to major po sci in arts. she's like most arts students who live in dreams. thats how i formed my impression of arts people-interesting people to hang around with but you cant talk to them about the real world.e.g. real estate..or sharemarket..or maybe i'm just too money-oriented lol

philphie

Banned
HSC
so you are selling family home without an agent?
i've got respect for you!.
a while ago i worked as a land sales host in the southwestern suburbs(its developing fast atm) thats how i developed my interest. i miss that industry.
little collins st,
have you been to the laneway where laurent bakery is? they've got some good eats down that lane. love the awesome bento box from tokio sushi.
there are so many other interesting streets. e.g. degraves st. flinders lane...all the artsy farts go there.

my friend who intends to major po sci in arts. she's like most arts students who live in dreams. thats how i formed my impression of arts people-interesting people to hang around with but you cant talk to them about the real world.e.g. real estate..or sharemarket..or maybe i'm just too money-oriented lol

well now i'm reconsidering leasing it out on a long term contract because the property is perfect for business purposes in an residential area and it would make more money in the long run. i'm big on real estate but small on the share market, wouldn't know much. what i know is what i've learnt from my parents. how to start up companies from scratch and how to completely destroy them leave bankrupt.

i haven't been to laurent bakery, i'm afraid i've only ever been into a few boutique shops and that was it.

lol hopefully i'm an exception to that percieved notion of an art student, but majoring in po sci must be better than someone who majors in...eng lit. lol. but alas i too live in dreams, hoping to one day to just drop everything, get myself to Kenya, build a little cottage on a wildlife reserve and read for the rest of my days, being nothing more than a waste of space.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
ummm ok...
is she a uni student or..?
wouldnt mind you passing on the message.
Thanks
Dunno if she's still a uni student, but she's willing to rent with anyone.

What was meant by that statement was that she's a very easy person to live with... And is rather short XD.

sunbeca

HSC
ahh cool..
you shall show her this thread then
thanks

rx34

HSC
I wouldn't recommend Footscray, it's so freaking scary. How about trying South Yarra, Richmond or Carlton?

sunbeca

HSC
I don't think I'd go to footscray either. It was a joke made by philphie btw.

rx34

HSC
Hey sunbeca, good luck in your accommodation hunt. I won't be heading to Melbourne but Sydney. Best of luck :p

sunbeca

HSC
just realised that i've missed your post.
real estate is such an interesting topic.. if you ever decide to get into the melbourne market, lets have a chat. or say I am here to learn from you.

sunbeca

HSC
Thanks for letting me know and congratulations on getting into your preferred uni!
if you end up disliking u syd come back to melbourne and we can start a sharehouse lol

rx34

HSC
hehe np! The only thing I hope to do is get a small 1br south yarra or toorak apartment before I turn 27. But I need to save 40k for the deposit. Anyway good luck with your melb course! Melbournians are so much friendlier than Sydney-siders! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)