• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

House of Flying daggers (SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
uwsstudent said:
i saw it about four times now, my uncle has the dvd, the colors of this movie goes around green, white, grey, it's about a love triangle story, the kufu isn't that great, u won't see jet li flying across the river in hero, they don't fly anymore, they fight for real, but andy lau can't fight, also the movie used alot of matrix technique, like how andy used a stone to shoot at the drum, also the japanese actor shoots arrow out, this film fouces on love, rather on kufu, u know everyone watched it in china, but what's funny is that everyone in china don't like it, yet this film still gets the best review in usa and europe, i like it, i just hope zhang can get the golden globe that he deserves, also he deserves the oscar too
Yeah. See, older people don't like it because they don't know whats going on. but you see, the colours represent emotions and stuff (our parents weren't really taught how to look at the colours and setting) so they don't really get it.

Its not really a love triangle. Jet Li made that part up...Maggie Cheung and Tony Leung are the only ones in love...

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
lacked in plot, but I still liked it. the guy who played jin was hot but.

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
TimeAndTide said:
He knows Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin and English. Sheezus...
and he knows taiwanese...!!!

hot and educated...drool...

they kinda lost track of the ending though... So the government ended up winning?

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i thought the movie was pretty ordinary, hero was much better ...

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
watched it again... mmm takeshi kaneshiro :D

i must say it was much better the second time around, my mando sucks and the first time i saw it there were only chinese subtitles and i couldn't read it fast enough. the english subtitles could've been better though...

my boyfriend hated the ending, he was like "so wtf, andy lau gets zhang ziyi to kill herself and that's it? pfftt." :p he also thought takeshi's nose is too big... i don't see anything wrong with it :p

oh, and i also liked it better than Hero.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i just watched it for the first time on dvd... oh man was it good
i prefered hero though ill have to say...
michele yeoh always gets pwned in these movies...

would have liked to see the fight scene between the flying daggers and the soldiers though... that wouldve made the ending killer

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Michelle Yeoh wasn't in either Hero or Daggers actually. Damn Asians, we all look the same don't we :p

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
jim_green said:
Michelle Yeoh wasn't in either Hero or Daggers actually. Damn Asians, we all look the same don't we :p
hang on whats mei's name in real life? she is in rush hour two as well right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)