How accurate is SAM? (1 Viewer)

butch_dodd

HSC
i think its so dodgy..ive put in 3 mates marks from '04 and their UAI's were around 10-15 points lower then what SAM scaled them 2 b...my advice;dont rely on SAM,it may impose fasle hopes!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It would be helpful (to both us and to your claim) if you posted up the marks you entered and the UAIs they attained.

elseany

HSC
well my sister did her hsc a couple years ago and it said shed get 100. she ended up getting like 98. and one of my friends sister in a different year put in her marks and it told her shed get like 97 or something, but she got 100. o_0

as far as accuracy goes its not very, but it does generally give a rough idea of how well ur gonna do i guess

cy91

HSC
Cant really trust it because every year is different and it is based on the previous year.. so dont trust it too much.

HSC
It's not entirely accurate as it changes every year. It's decent its only meant to act as a guide, its not meant to be precise.

SAM underestimated my UAI by a couple of points, it underestimated and overestimated others by varying amounts...

P

pLuvia

It is quite accurate to the higher end of the UAI scale, moreso than to the lower end as there is less statistics for the admins to program in that level

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)