• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How are 07's finding prelim? (1 Viewer)

elseany

HSC
3 terms into the subject and yesterday was the first time ive picked up a book to study. After waking upto myself due to crappy results ive finally desided to be mature about the HSC and study :p

i got like high 70s - low 80s in all my subjects without study except for english and 2u maths. in 2u i got like 95% (but maths is my strongest subject, i find it extremely easy) and in advanced english i got 65 :< As a result of my poor result in english i probably will have to do standard next year :<

but other than that i found preliminary pretty good, was quite fun and easy and i certainly hope that from here on in it doesnt get alot harder especially since ill be clocking in the hours :p

Agywaggy

HSC
I think there has to be one thing i completly HATE about Prelim. and that would hve to be the rankings. I hate getting ranked, its sooo annoying! cuz u kno where u stand in the class and if ur not in the top 10 or wateva u feel soo bad about urself. That would be the onli thing i hate about prelim. and i'll hate it even more in the hsc year.
I'm dreading the hsc atm, cuz i'm soo failing all my classes... arghhhhh!!!

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I've found that amazingly, I haven't had much more of an increase in the workload from year 10, and I'm going well in my subjects, apart from advanced english :burn:
Good on you. And let's burn Eng Adv :D

ms.JESS

HSC
Im just finishing year 12 now and currently undertaking my trials. It's funny though because when I was younger I thought the HSC was going to be so hard, but it isn't. I felt as thought year 11 was so much harder because of the transition you make from year 10 to 11 and as you have to cover the course content in 3 terms, its heaps of work!

Don't stress. Year 12 will be better, just remember to continuously revise work to ensure your not left behind in work!

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
ms.JESS said:
Im just finishing year 12 now and currently undertaking my trials. It's funny though because when I was younger I thought the HSC was going to be so hard, but it isn't. I felt as thought year 11 was so much harder because of the transition you make from year 10 to 11 and as you have to cover the course content in 3 terms, its heaps of work!

Don't stress. Year 12 will be better, just remember to continuously revise work to ensure your not left behind in work!
Haha that's so true. I totally forgot that all of the prelim content is packed into only 3 terms, I completely fogot that the hsc course has an extra term.
Awesome.

kathrynso

HSC
Awww, why would you burn chem?? It's so good lol. I think it's because our teacher let's us play this game called Jeopardy from time to time. We never win though, the boys are just too aggressive and scary.
I have practical assessment coming up soon, I hope it's not going to be hard.

And yes, please burn English! Although I would like to inprove on my English skills. The only thing I like about english are the composing your own things, and not the analytical stuff. =(

kloudsurfer

HSC
Noooooo!!!! Dont burn adv english and chem!!!! They are my favourite subjects!!!

BURN MATHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

airie

HSC
How about let's just burn whatever we want? Disregard the fact that it's gonna set off an enormous fire? :D

airie

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Meh, the sun will expand in around 4-5 billion years from now and boil off all the water and remove most of the atmosphere from the Earth anyway :)
But no one here would be able to wait that long. Neither our patience nor our lifespan would allow it :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)