How are 08's finding their Preliminary Year? (1 Viewer)

Callistemon

HSC
N/A
YEAR 11 was shit.

It was.

+ The change of classes.
+ The change of teachers.
+ The change of groups.
+ The change of people.

The continuous fights - with friends, with parents.

And overall, I'd rate my year with a 5, compared to the 9 I'd give to year 10.
I did shit in all my exams, screwed over my rankings and got shit comments from teachers.

Get me to uni.
And fast.

What'd you think of it?

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Re: YEAR 11 was shit.

Yeah i felt the same. It was a fairly big change when compared to the way i felt about school from years 7-10. Although i did like some of my teachers and the free periods weren't too bad either. One thing I'm glad i didn't do in year 11 was that i didn't listen to teachers when they said that year 11 counts. So many people i know shit themselves in year 11 for nothing, studying like crazy pfft.

Year 12 on the other hand - memorable

Artemis.

HSC

I've had really good teachers and classes, but I've been so unmotivated the past term, because I know that in a couple of weeks year 11 will count for practically nothing. It's had its ups and downs I guess. But yeah, bring on uni.

Callistemon

HSC
N/A

hahahah I'm one of those if-driven-to-the-point-of-insanity-i-will-kill-myself people.

so yeah, I'm so screwed.
And yeah, tanjin, I studied like crazy for my exams, got fuck all from it.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC

Callistemon said:
+ The change of groups.
+ The change of people.
There wasn't this much change at my school - the only that changed around me was the fact that we went to classes we chose (i was soo happy i didnt have to do anymore science) and the fact that we were treated a bit more differently since we were seniors and all...but i did hate year 11.

Don't study this year! Just rest for now and then when term 4 hits go nuts cause it'll actually count! Everyone feels shit when they study and it doesnt pay off - but it'll pass :)

patty4848

HSC

I found Year 11 to be really quick...I mean, i realise it was only 3 terms, but it was quick overall! We just all need to forget about year 11 and move on to bigger, better and somewhat harder things (ie. Year 12)...Good luck all!:wave:

Foxodi

HSC

Last day today heh.... it was a crap year. Mostly because half of my friends had left school and then the other half of us just kinda split up.... so pretty much I've spent the entire year with ppl I hate.....
Actual school work wise I didnt mind it.... of course it doesnt count, but the idea is to get into study patterns and fiddle with different ways BEFORE it does count - mind you I failed my yearly goals hardcore this year (95% in assessments or first in everything but english...... lawl failed those goals so hardcore)

BRING ON THE HSC!!!!

HSC

Went so fast, but no worse than any other year. Teachers are more friendly and interesting, free periods, subjects you chose yourself, oh, and free periods are pretty good too.

iEdd

HSC

Year 11 is pretty great:
+ You get to pick your own subjects, except english, but you had to do that in all years.
+ You now have one step closer to the top of the school.
+ If you have a Juniors (7-10)/Seniors (11/12) system, you probably get a cooler uniform.
+ Depending on your school, you get to go home on various days at certain times, AND when you have a free period.

- Too many bogans don't drop out, but hey, that's how we get good UAIs, someone has to get a bad one.

happii

HSC

was a shit waste of time may as well just forget it and start hsc straight after ten, then we would all have one extra year of our lives

woho

HSC

haha if u thought yr 11 was bad...

:)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC

woho said:
haha if u thought yr 11 was bad...

:)
Year 12 isn't that bad assuming that's what you're referring to. Year 12 can be stressful for some but that's part of it. I have so many memories from this year both good and bad but in the end aside from the stress i loved every bit of it. Year 11 is just shit because some people find the transition from junior to senior school a bit difficult and since nothing counts in yr 11 you feel as though its just not worth it.

Trust me, year 12 will be much more enjoyable :D

hopefully.

If you have a good bunch of friends and your whole year is fairly close - all those stressful yr 12 days will seem like nothing. Don't jump into year 12 with the mindset that yr 12 will be worse than yr 11. As mentioned before - i hated yr 11 but loved yr 12

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

lol

wait till you get to uni

its worse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)