How are the 06's finding yr 12 so far?? (1 Viewer)

vg_woz_here

HSC
i cant waiiiiiiiiit til we finish yr12..im so sick of school...i hate all this workload!! and its only week 1 of term 1!! =(

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
shinji said:
i just had a good start to my year for physics.

25/30 for my first assessment task ^^

and im aiming at getting 20/20 for my first business task!
yea im guessing that since its our first assesment that its gonna be a bit easy right??.. well i got over 85% in everyting except maths ><...

u guys also find that the first year12 assesments were a bit easy?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
SL33pY said:
yea im guessing that since its our first assesment that its gonna be a bit easy right??.. well i got over 85% in everyting except maths ><...

u guys also find that the first year12 assesments were a bit easy?
yeah first assessments for me were easy IMO.

P

pLuvia

Well my 3u and 4u didn't go so well mark wise, but rank 6th/48 and 4th/17 respectively. Chemistry went ok 26/30 rank tied 5th/48, but english I think I went crap.

But these assessments, weren't so difficult, just waiting for the harder ones. But I have a feeling the next 3u and 4u maths will be easy, english hard, chemistry easy, japanese middle :p

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
pLuvia said:
Well my 3u and 4u didn't go so well mark wise, but rank 6th/48 and 4th/17 respectively. Chemistry went ok 26/30 rank tied 5th/48, but english I think I went crap.

But these assessments, weren't so difficult, just waiting for the harder ones. But I have a feeling the next 3u and 4u maths will be easy, english hard, chemistry easy, japanese middle :p
Top stuff, they are some ultimate Maths results lol, your Chemistry was good as well. :) Nevertheless, the early assessments for me were easy as well. I've gotten in the 90's almost all of them... but I'd take easy ones over hard ones :D

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Great work guys!, really!

tiya said:
i'll try!!! is it only me or is everyone's motivation that its only a few more months??
top it up with the thought that a 4 month holiday is waiting around the corner compared to the regular ~6 weeks uve had for almost all ur schooling life...

hopeles5ly said:
yeah first assessments for me were easy IMO.
Generally u might be hit with a few easy ones, but i found the difficulty of assessments was pritty much the same throughout the year. It also depends on how well u perform in exams compared to research/speech assessments...

For science subjects i found exam assessments to be slightly more difficult than speech/research/practical assessments for those subjects...whereas for english, difficulty was more the way our assessments were marked (i.e marking criteria and guidlines) moreso than the actual difficulty of the task itself.

For maths on the other hand, my first 2 assessments were slightly more difficult than the 3rd, 4th and 5th assessments. We did Catholic trials, and as u may have heard, the maths CSSA was pritty easy in 2005, so i'd have to say, my last 2 assessments were the easiest for Maths (2u)...

So i guess u never know, ur future assessments could be easier or harder, or perhaps it wont even matter once u know ur stuff inside out :)

keep up the good work 06 ers.

Bia

HSC
Oh yay! First post for me!:wave:

I have actually been more relaxed since starting year 12 than I was in year 11, I think because the anticipation of assessments that go towards my HSC mark has gone. I think the lead up was the stressful part because the actual assessment tasks I have done so far were all pretty easy and i recieved quite high marks in everything. If this (and my motivation) keeps up I'll be cheering.

HSC
I finished an english essay today and im halfly finsihed my business question.

hey bia .. hehe... nice to see new people posting.

Bia

HSC
Why thank you for the warm welcome!:)

I have 4 assessment tasks coming up at the moment; English speech, Ancient History speech/presentation thingy and 2 Drama assessments. Oh funfunfun.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
physician said:
Great work guys!, really!

top it up with the thought that a 4 month holiday is waiting around the corner compared to the regular ~6 weeks uve had for almost all ur schooling life...

Generally u might be hit with a few easy ones, but i found the difficulty of assessments was pritty much the same throughout the year. It also depends on how well u perform in exams compared to research/speech assessments...

For science subjects i found exam assessments to be slightly more difficult than speech/research/practical assessments for those subjects...whereas for english, difficulty was more the way our assessments were marked (i.e marking criteria and guidlines) moreso than the actual difficulty of the task itself.

For maths on the other hand, my first 2 assessments were slightly more difficult than the 3rd, 4th and 5th assessments. We did Catholic trials, and as u may have heard, the maths CSSA was pritty easy in 2005, so i'd have to say, my last 2 assessments were the easiest for Maths (2u)...

So i guess u never know, ur future assessments could be easier or harder, or perhaps it wont even matter once u know ur stuff inside out :)

keep up the good work 06 ers.
exams are the biggest PROBLEM for me = =; . because like i study for it and i know the stuff but i am so bad at putting and writing that information in down onto paper esp in a limited amount of time. also making stupid mistakes is another issue with me. really have to improve on that or im screwed .. =/ `

Last edited:

tiya

I live in Homebush but i go to school in the city
HSC
Random post so ignore me but thanx for encouraging me!!! i feel special!!!...ok now im just sleepy tho cause i was like - im gonna be a nerd and get up @ 5.00am on a sunday and do math!! - as good as that wud have been, it didnt work since i slept @ 1.00am and trying to do maths for a solid 3hrs was...ahh!! now feel utterly sick...go me!!

Went to a book store and got a copy of the study guide of emma and cluless and got a free "survive the hsc" book too!! which i SERIOUSLY need!! by the way i think all dymox book stores are having that offer so go and get urself a copy when u buy any of the excel study guides, its not half bad..

but want to know what IS bad??

we have a "discover your destiney" lecture thing on monday and thats the only day in my 2 week cycle that i have a morning period free, not only one but TWO!! so instead of having to reach school @ 11.30, i have to go in @ 9.00 on monday because its a compulsary event AND pay $5!?(its not the $5, its paying to go in early :p )

hahaha, ok, i had my lil hissy fit but still want to go to bed so g'nite!!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Have to agree with you there hoples5ly but I think we all have trouble with exams its not only the exam itself and what happens in the exam room but the lead up to the exam and the anticipation before it begins and then there is the waiting game.

I find assessments to be a whole lot easier and luckily I can excel in those, generally.

Welcome to BOS Bia and tiya and good luck with your HSC.

tiya wouldn't it be good afternoon :p......

physician

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
exams are the biggest PROBLEM for me = =; . because like i study for it and i know the stuff but i am so bad at putting and writing that information in down onto paper esp in a limited amount of time. also making stupid mistakes is another issue with me. really have to improve on that or im screwed .. =/ `

Practice, practice, practice, get in the habit of writing down what u study/understand by attempting as many questions u can get ur hands on*, or use the syllabus dot points as questions and write all the info u know in relation to the point...

*This advice might sound a little, well, "cliched" but most people dont end up taking it... seeing as u know ur weakness and u know the cure to the weakness, u should take full advantage and give it ur best.

Stupid mistakes are done by almost every 'normal' human being during exams, especially in maths, but u pick up on all ur mistakes when u do past papers, the more u do, the more silly mistakes u realise u make.. and thus the more u correct, and as a consequence the less mistakes u make when it really matters...

physician

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Have to agree with you there hoples5ly but I think we all have trouble with exams its not only the exam itself and what happens in the exam room but the lead up to the exam and the anticipation before it begins and then there is the waiting game.
lol, ahh the memories... the anticipation led most of the yr 12's to insanity, u'd find yr 12's running after our maths teacher trying to squeeze a question or 2 out of her a day before the test.. or even asking for the exam to be posponed because u had to go late night shopping on a thursday or something...

ur absolutely right there...

erikalovesmusic

HSC
Whooo my first post today..actually i had a BOS account b4 and i forgot my password ahaha LOSER ...but anyway, first post for this account! YAY!:wave:

So yer...year 12! OMG!!! like big OMG...i think something is totally wrong with me, im doing my homework and actually LOVING IT!!!
lol Im so totally freaking hyped up about this year, like cmon weve got like 3 terms, everybody complains.."its too long, all this work"..WOTEV! Make the most of it i say!
I love the work...yes ok...im not a nerd, but i guess becoz of that comment ahaha i'd say i was hehehe.....ahhhhhh anyway yer i dunno wots got into me, like some strange vibe, like im on a high and cant get off, its great lol SCHOOL ROCKS MY SOCKS AAAAAAHAHAHAHA! :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
physician said:
lol, ahh the memories... the anticipation led most of the yr 12's to insanity, u'd find yr 12's running after our maths teacher trying to squeeze a question or 2 out of her a day before the test..
The same thing happened with my teacher and the 2005 IPT HSC I completed last year. He was asking and answering questions left, right and centre in the few days before the exam then once it was over ….nothing, besides waiting for the results and on with our other courses.

Welcome to BOS erikalovesmusic, hope you find the site and its forums useful. Good luck with your HSC!

mzkitten

HSC
Well...start of 2006 is quite a big difference..haha i guess now we all realise what the teachers meant by 'Use the 2month holidays wisely'. First week of school actually getting heaps of hw for each subject but im actually DOING it xD....aghh

Gotta get used to it i guess...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Welcome to BOS mzkitten,

Its great that you have a new attitude after the 6-7 week break doing hw when you get it makes everything a whole lot easier!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:

I find assessments to be a whole lot easier and luckily I can excel in those, generally.

Welcome to BOS Bia and tiya and good luck with your HSC.

tiya wouldn't it be good afternoon :p......
yeah assignments to me are easymarks lol. generally i reckon exams are generally not that hard. it's just how much stress your under when preparing for it that really kills u = =;

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)