How are the 06's finding yr 12 so far?? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Year 6 teachers?
kimmy88 said:
I'm actually finding it quite hard. I can't get myself motivated at all so I'm not doing anything and I'm falling behind really quickly. The teachers are giving so much work and it's not clear enough, I don't know what's a must know or just background info and I have to pick out all the important parts myself, THERES TOO MUCH! Really struggling! I'm stressed out already! there's so much pressure! Any advice?????? :bomb: :confused: :eek:
Yeh, welcome to BOS. About 60000 other people are annoyingly stressed.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
kimmy88 said:
I'm actually finding it quite hard. I can't get myself motivated at all so I'm not doing anything and I'm falling behind really quickly. The teachers are giving so much work and it's not clear enough, I don't know what's a must know or just background info and I have to pick out all the important parts myself, THERES TOO MUCH! Really struggling! I'm stressed out already! there's so much pressure! Any advice?????? :bomb: :confused: :eek:
a lot of the other students sitting the hsc this year feel the same way as well. even i myself have lost a lot motivation and consistency in my study patterns since the start of the year. Last year i use to always make sure everything was complete but now on some days i just seriously can't motivate myself to do the work and yes trust me it's a crap feeling. I also have been falling behind in my subjects even business which is my best subject. it's a lot of work i know but if you do bit by bit a day, everything will seem to fall in place and you get back on track !

a little quote that might help you along the way:

"with a little encouragement, discipline, and determination, we all have the power inside of us to reach our goals and what we feel is the impossible. It's all about believing in yourself and if you can dream it, you can do it"

Last edited:

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Q: How are the 06's finding yr 12 so far??

A: IT SUCKS!!! I'm getting an average of 15 hours sleep per schoolweek!

around 3 hours a day, that's why on weekends I basically die in a way or I'm in a 18 hour coma lol

One thing I never understood is: why did we not do ANYTHING in year 7 to year 10???? I mean damn it would be a whole lot easier if they actually spread the stuff out more evenly...or even make the HSC 2 years instead of jamming everything into 12 months :(

COFFEE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I guess that depends on the school you attended. I know at my school during yrs 9-10 they built up the workload, homework, assessments and expectations to prepare you for the HSC so I guess that depends on you.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
cbadvanced said:
Coffee really isn't a healthy option to survive the hsc. I never drink it myself, as I find it very hard to fall asleep due to its obvious effects on your body. You should try to cut down on it.

Sam.

bored.
HSC
cbadvanced said:
I hate it! It tastes disguisting and makes me feel like crap. If I want to wake up I'll run around for awhile. Even if it's just from one end of our common room to the other.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Sam. said:
I hate it! It tastes disguisting and makes me feel like crap. If I want to wake up I'll run around for awhile. Even if it's just from one end of our common room to the other.
agreed.

Water > Coffee.

i found that wat reallllly motivates you, is playing games non-stop for about 3 days .. then u will deffinitely fill guilty!!
trust me, it got me back on track!!

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
cbadvanced said:
=DD
yea! i love coffeee!!! >_<"! ....it is as addictive as msn. except it helps me in studying! =O

jessicak

HSC
arghhhhhhhhhh

i have 11 assessments in the next 4 weeks!!!!! im dying i need food n sleep lol
the worst is that my french assessment is worth 40% so its either gna make me or BREAK ME baddddddd......
as my history teacher says.... "im gna shoot those lords and masters" (refering to board of studies)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
jessicak said:
arghhhhhhhhhh

i have 11 assessments in the next 4 weeks!!!!! im dying i need food n sleep lol
the worst is that my french assessment is worth 40% so its either gna make me or BREAK ME baddddddd......
as my history teacher says.... "im gna shoot those lords and masters" (refering to board of studies)
I agree... lets cultivate some mass assassination plan on the Board of Studies together lol. Seriously though, as much fun as the last year with my friends has been so far, it's been an absolute hell in respect to workload.

karoooh

HSC
cbadvanced said:
Coffee IMO tastes great and all, but it's sooooooooooo overated - I don't drink cafeinated beverages on a regular basis, but if I do, it's only coffee and no matter how much I put in, coffee just doesn't work - I still fall asleep at the same time and I don't get the burst of energy I need. And like Riv said, it's not good for you!

Don't become one of those pathetic people who need 3 coffees to function properly throughout the day.

Clarebare

HSC
karoooh said:
Don't become one of those pathetic people who need 3 coffees to function properly throughout the day.
And why the hell not? Those people are fun. Particularly if you get to them Before they've had their first coffee. :)

P.S. Coffee is great. Couldn't get through english without it.

In terms of how the HSC is going, everything is fine, except that I have three major works to do this year and I'm behind on All of them. Apart from that I'm just trying to get the work done and keep a healthy ratio school:play.

karoooh

HSC
Clarebare said:
And why the hell not? Those people are fun. Particularly if you get to them Before they've had their first coffee. :)
True. It's extremely enjoyable when you catch them and you know they'll tell you to bugger off and come back after they've had their 3rd cup.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
drink water. not coffee!!!! o_o''

water > coffee.

nearly my whole group is addicted to coffee ... and i never wanna drink coffee. hate the taste ....

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
how can u hate it shinji!? ~_~
u look like u r on coffee to me
posting at 5:22am?? ... wow

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Didn't he post at 6:22am, not 5:22am? :p That's pretty early anyway.

I agree with shinji; Water is the ultimate quench thirst, well in the long run it is.

Actually I've got a cup of water on the desk now. =D

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
mitsui said:
how can u hate it shinji!? ~_~
u look like u r on coffee to me
posting at 5:22am?? ... wow
lol ... wats wrong with me hating coffee? =/
love the smell of the beans though ....

yeah i always get up at 6am in the morning ..
wake up -> excercise -> rest -> shower -> brush teeth -> eat brekkie -> off to school.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
lol ... wats wrong with me hating coffee? =/
love the smell of the beans though ....

yeah i always get up at 6am in the morning ..
wake up -> excercise -> rest -> shower -> brush teeth -> eat brekkie -> off to school.
damn you seem to have a lot of time in the morning lol. i always have to rush as it takes me a while to get to school and get ready. how far is your school from your house btw?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
he is crazy! *dot dot*
but i found myself waking up at 5:40am for morning class by myself

it is scary now. esp. when i sleep at 1. >_>

re: riv's comment on water. yes it is fabulous stuff. go try tea. i cant live wifout them. =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)