How are the 06's finding yr 12 so far?? (1 Viewer)

i4ct

HSC
ahte the feeling of doing assessment at the end of the year, all tiered from prelim yearly. the only good thing is that one more year and thats the end for high school :rolleyes:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
I wanna get into the habit of starting an assignment the day i get it and doing at least half of it.
i finally got into that habit since i started this term. its such a good feeling when you know you finsh ages before the date and that when people are pulling all nighters and stressing about it your free lol.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Riviet said:
I've never had an all nighter before. The latest i've finished an assignment is like midnight lol.
I have to say that I did when I was in year 12 last yr and the yr b4. I also pulled several all-nighters during my first year at tafe this yr I tell you I have never felt so dead the next morning.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
its such a good feeling when you know you finsh ages before the date and that when people are pulling all nighters and stressing about it your free lol.
Yeah, it's a great feeling. ;)

stressing2006

HSC
Im seriously stressing out about it, i mean i need to get over 90 for a UAI cause if i dont it is going to be seriously embarassing, everyone i know who has done it has gotten 90 or 89 so i cant get anything that is less. The problem is i find it really hard to sit down after school and do my work so basicly i do all my work on the weekends but it is getting too much. Also i just fucked up my modern history assignment cause i didnt read the assignment sheet properly and i only did half of what i was meant to sooooo im completely freaking out and stressing. I think im going to break down.

I cant believe im in yr 12 though like i agree with all of u it has come so quick i can remember yr 6 and how pumped i was to leave. Im really scared.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
im so screwed im only doing 5 subjects and no extensions so i need to get a good mark in all of them if i am to get 90+

Bookie

Banned
HSC
stressing2006 said:
Im seriously stressing out about it, i mean i need to get over 90 for a UAI cause if i dont it is going to be seriously embarassing, everyone i know who has done it has gotten 90 or 89 so i cant get anything that is less. The problem is i find it really hard to sit down after school and do my work so basicly i do all my work on the weekends but it is getting too much. Also i just fucked up my modern history assignment cause i didnt read the assignment sheet properly and i only did half of what i was meant to sooooo im completely freaking out and stressing. I think im going to break down.

I cant believe im in yr 12 though like i agree with all of u it has come so quick i can remember yr 6 and how pumped i was to leave. Im really scared.
I like how your username is stressing and then you pump out a post where you are stressed. Interseting. Seriously babe, breathe in, breathe out, Om.

See the thing is, as much as you want it, dont kill yourself with the thought that you will be a failure if you dont get over 90. You are treating the thing as a number, which essentially it is, but think about that uni course you want, then think about your limits. If you wanna get into a course requiring 84, then why push so hard. If the course you want is a 93 or 94, then you have to understand what you need and study accordingly. Theres no use killing yourself with "oh no I'm gonna get under 90" if youre "finding it really hard to study after school". Surely you can overcome your previous way of studying and stuff, and start studying often. I shouldnt really be speaking, becayse U'm really disorgansised, but I know that I'm content with what I do as I'm sure it'll get me the mark that I need (ie. personally I want to get 98, so I'll only work so hard, as I know if I become a 6 hour study guy, I could probably push 99.5 or higher). So the bottome line is, do what you feel is right for you and you will get served accordingly.

I'm such a fucknut cliche user

vanush said:
im so screwed im only doing 5 subjects and no extensions so i need to get a good mark in all of them if i am to get 90+
Since when did you need to do extension to do well? Just go for it buddy.

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
so much assessments!!! and this year they actually count *aghhh*
so much stress!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
stressing2006 said:

Breathe in and out.
Things are going to be Okay.
You shouldnt have to live up to others expectations you know, just your own...dont worry what others got, each HSC year is different and you're against different sets of people, I think it gets more and more difficult to achieve a higher UAI as the years roll by
Anyway. Perhaps you can try doing a little bit of work after school, like read through all your notes and assignments...you dont have to write anything...maybe that'll ease the workload

Anyway, stop freaking, its not good for you! I know this! I've been freaking most of the term...

Cheers.

yupkigirl__

HSC
I know how stressing2006; I'm stressing so much these past few weeks [assessment week]

I don't know why; I never did stress but I can't get over it and now I'm losing heaps and heaps of hair.

It scares me.

P

pLuvia

You don't need extensions to do well

Assessments are over for the year so it's all good :D

ane_st

HSC
i have one more assessment to go.. Entrension history, my project proposal.. im doing 11 units.. ive gotten 90+ for my assessments that ive gotten back and modern history stuffed me up.. ww1 doesnt interest me.. anways i do English(advanced), maths 2un, CAFS, Modern, Extension History, VA... there was a moment before all my assessments were due i thought i couldnt handle it.. but i managed and i worked really hard for those assessments and im ranked about equal 1st or top 5 in most subjects so im really happy with it.. im not trying to stress myself out and im aiming for a UAI of 85... can anyone help me with my extension history project proposal.. i wanna do the Romanovs.. but not sure on what question i should do...

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Right now, i'm just chillin out like a 06er should be, well, the ones that are on holidays now should be. :D

Next week i've got a really creative timetable all set out, it's gonna incorporate work and play into one day. It's gonna be nice and easy going, no pressure as it's holidays. :cool:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
webby234 said:
Still a week and a half to go for me :( - 20% Ext2 Maths on Thursday.
Good luck mate!! You'll definitely need it! ;)

pLuvia said:
One week for me :) then overseas :D:D
Have fun overseas. :)

By the way, where are you going overseas?

ane_st

HSC
Riviet said:
Right now, i'm just chillin out like a 06er should be, well, the ones that are on holidays now should be. :D

Next week i've got a really creative timetable all set out, it's gonna incorporate work and play into one day. It's gonna be nice and easy going, no pressure as it's holidays. :cool:
i still havent finished.. i have one and a half weeks to go, and the last wk is only 2 days, depends is we are gonna do anything... my last assessment id due in on friday (history extension project proposal)..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)