How are you going to use Mathematics extension 2? (1 Viewer)

vafa

HSC
N/A
I personally am going to study Civil, mining combined with advanced mathematics at university of Wollongong.

What about you guys?

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Well I may be using Ext II but hopefully it will just get me into Uni.

Want to study Physics (and maybe maths) at ANU.
Hopefully become a researcher

P

pLuvia

Using it to study commerce and science at UNSW, majoring in actuary and mathetmatics. Since MX2 is assumed knowledge for actuary ;)
Or maybe advanced mathematics in USYD if I make it in

zeek

HSC
wanna try and use it to get into the adv maths course at USYD but after seeing doing the CSSA all my aspirations have been crushed :sad:

Raginsheep

HSC
pLuvia said:
Using it to study commerce and science at UNSW, majoring in actuary and mathetmatics. Since MX2 is assumed knowledge for actuary ;)
You don't really need it though since you do complex and integration again in maths and the speed at which we go through the 4u bits is quite reasonable for decent maths students. Infact, we've just finished complex numbers in algebra and integration methods in calculus.

volition

arr.
HSC
Raginsheep said:
You don't really need it though since you do complex and integration again in maths and the speed at which we go through the 4u bits is quite reasonable for decent maths students. Infact, we've just finished complex numbers in algebra and integration methods in calculus.
So did you not do 4unit maths in high school? If you didn't do 4unit maths, what kinda marks did you get and how are you handling the maths? Just curious

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Most of the math in Acst is not related to the 4unit course, its mainly stats and probability. I guess perms and combs from 4u would help. But if you havnt done it you can pick it up quite easily.

btw i can only speak on behalf of Macq Acst students.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
bboyelement said:
im gonna do commerce at unsw
I'll probably end up doing commerce as well, although I'm still deciding whether to tag along the science or finance degrees.

P

pLuvia

Raginsheep said:
I'm not really "using" it but it may be useful in the 1st year but for actuary in UNSW it is assumed knowledge, so I'm guessing it would be useful

Raginsheep

HSC
pLuvia said:
I'm not really "using" it but it may be useful in the 1st year but for actuary in UNSW it is assumed knowledge, so I'm guessing it would be useful
The mathematical skills that it confers is of great help though.

jake2.0 said:
Most of the math in Acst is not related to the 4unit course, its mainly stats and probability. I guess perms and combs from 4u would help. But if you havnt done it you can pick it up quite easily.

btw i can only speak on behalf of Macq Acst students.
What 1st year subjects do you guys do?

Raginsheep

HSC
Damn, you guys only have 1 introductory accounting subject? :(

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
r3v3ng3 said:
wanna try and use it to get into the adv maths course at USYD but after seeing doing the CSSA all my aspirations have been crushed :sad:
You can just do adv science and come out with the same degree. It's all a marketing trick.

snugster

HSC
What universities offer Actuarial Studies apart from UNSW and Macquarie?

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
snugster said:
What universities offer Actuarial Studies apart from UNSW and Macquarie?
I think Melb and ANU. I also heard that some small uni in NSW also offeres it/was going to soon but the program isnt credited by the IAA.

robbo_145

HSC
Raginsheep said:
Damn, you guys only have 1 introductory accounting subject? :(
yep thank god, the lecturer is impossible to understand and the material makes economics look exhilarating. Also, half of first year maths for us is linear algebra, which isnt covered at all in school - matrices, vectors, vector spaces (snore) and the other half is good old calculus

Raginsheep

HSC
We get to do complex numbers again for the fun of it. What are you doing in calculus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)