how are you gonna study for ur trials? (1 Viewer)

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Yeah, I'm putting in effort, only because it will take a little stress off before the HSC, I'll know my stuff throughly and stu vac will be for past papers and just easy revision.

*~bunni~*

HSC
im goin to the snow in the middle of them.... lol so mayb not puttin in completely everything for trials???

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I'm studying, of course. If I don't, I'll regret it like hell.

Carcus

HSC
im starting now by writing summarioes of each topic and ill stick em on my walls and ill just go over and over my summaries, and add to em if necessary

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Of all the stupid questions you've asked, this is no doubt the stupidest.
How is it a stupid question? Its entirely valid: whos studying for their trials and whos not? You're stupid, stupid.

!! AAA !!

Jackanator87
HSC
Argonaut said:
Well it's the Trial HSC. Study is almost a given. All these people who say "nah, I don't need to study" suually don't do half as well as they say they will.
some people decide to save their energy for hsc instead of studying their brains out for the trials.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
!! AAA !! said:
some people decide to save their energy for hsc instead of studying their brains out for the trials.
Save their energy for the HSC? What the hell does that mean?

You don't need to save up your energy as if you're running in a marathon. Energy to play sports = knowledge to sit the HSC exams. How are you supposed to gain more "energy" if you don't do anything?

Most people find trials tougher than the HSC, not only because the HSC papers are slightly easier, but because after trials, their preparation material is ready to be used again. It's important to do well in trials, too, because they're worth 20-30%.

phatchance

HSC
I plan to, and already have relaxed, it was not a stupid question. I am going to do very very little work for the trials, essentially the only benefit to your eventual UAI (in real terms as in resounding impact) will be the notes you make during the trial. There is simply too much content to cover anyway, even if you did want to work hard, you can't do it all, so why bother trying? Make and read some general notes, get yourself into the state of mind where you realsie the HSC is not the be all and end all, and relax. You'll do better than most of the state anyway.

!! AAA !!

Jackanator87
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Save their energy for the HSC? What the hell does that mean?

You don't need to save up your energy as if you're running in a marathon. Energy to play sports = knowledge to sit the HSC exams. How are you supposed to gain more "energy" if you don't do anything?

Most people find trials tougher than the HSC, not only because the HSC papers are slightly easier, but because after trials, their preparation material is ready to be used again. It's important to do well in trials, too, because they're worth 20-30%.
brain energy...if you dont get it let me make it simpler for u...STRESS.. if you try too hard now for something that counts 20% in term of the whole hsc, u will stress out before the HSC examination which worth 50%. now do some simple math and conclude.does it worth it?

!! AAA !!

Jackanator87
HSC
Argonaut said:
Like I said, you're only trying to justify doing nothing. With that post you just proved you know nothing other than that empty vessels make the most noise. Stress is only a state of mind, not something you receive for screwing up.
i am planning for to study 6 hours every night before before the trial. and i made this post to see what others gonna do. argonaut, no one thinks this is a stupid thread except u, and i am not to go into how much people hates u. so shut the fuk up

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Well...before i read this thread i was actually seriously considering minimal effort at all. Not to save my energy..mainly cos im lazy and it has worked for me for the last many years. I still have not woken up to myself. I think a large proprtion of my year is feeling rather the same.

ps: it wasnt a stupid question.

Pace_T

HSC
its not a stupid question in that some people decide to be lazy
but if ur asking ppl if they are not studying to conserve 'energy' then u are a twit

how are you supposed to go better if u do less study for the trials
if anything, you will go shitter due to the fact that you wont have all that shit still stuck in ur mind. you will have to re learn everything u have forgotten. if u study for ur trials then when it comes to hsc u will still remember a lot of it and its simply revision.
well thats the case for me coz i forget everything in like 1 week, fucken

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
!! AAA !! said:
brain energy...if you dont get it let me make it simpler for u...STRESS.. if you try too hard now for something that counts 20% in term of the whole hsc, u will stress out before the HSC examination which worth 50%. now do some simple math and conclude.does it worth it?
Uh, no.

If you bludge through the trials by "relaxing", wouldn't you be doubly stressed by the time HSC comes? If you don't get it, let me make it simpler for you - if you work hard and prepare well for the trials, you will have all your material ready not only fresh in your mind, but also on paper, on the computer, etc, when you're revising for the HSC. So it's pretty much the other way around. If you don't want to stress before the HSC, learn your stuff now. Do the maths.

Insulting people when they offer you constructive criticism shows that you're in denial. You obviously are, because so far, you've talked about it to death and apparently you are still here instead of buring your nose in a textbook for your "6-hour study".

Argonaut said:
Well it's bloody obivous everyone's going to be studying. and I'm NOT hated. I can give you the names of a dozen people who don't hate me and you could probably PM them if you like.
<3 Argo.

!! AAA !!

Jackanator87
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Uh, no.

If you bludge through the trials by "relaxing", wouldn't you be doubly stressed by the time HSC comes? If you don't get it, let me make it simpler for you - if you work hard and prepare well for the trials, you will have all your material ready not only fresh in your mind, but also on paper, on the computer, etc, when you're revising for the HSC. So it's pretty much the other way around. If you don't want to stress before the HSC, learn your stuff now. Do the maths.

Insulting people when they offer you constructive criticism shows that you're in denial. You obviously are, because so far, you've talked about it to death and apparently you are still here instead of buring your nose in a textbook for your "6-hour study".

<3 Argo.
Dreamish, i agree with ur approach toward trials,but ur shielding for argnaut is just wrong,by calling this a stupid thread is anything but structive,i agree that u should study hard for the trials so hsc would be easier. but the thing is, many people think that they should put minimal effort in the trials and study really hard for the HSC, and the point of this thread is to see different people's approach and attitude toward this trials, and for argonaut the arrogant fool please just shutup, i do not need the so called "help" from u.

HSC
There's no suh thing as burning out unless you seriously do 12 hours a day, I've been doing anywhere from 2 to 5 hours a day for over a month now, every day (maybe skip a few days ive been sick) and im not "burnt out", if you treat study like a habit, take your breaks you wont burn out

you're not a god damn AC/DC motor, you are human, your body recouperates if you sleep, eat and shit ... i can understand your statement of 'burn out' if people do 12 hours a day STRAIGHT with no breaks for months on end (dont laugh, SOME people can do that, but probably with a break)

HSC
Actually, burning out is a possibility....but its different for all people.
i.e people who have never studied in years 7 8 9 10 or 11 will most probably burn out easier than people who have.

You wanna try to reach your PEAK amount of study before hsc for maximum marks etc.

I'm going hard though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)