How are you organising your work for year 12? (1 Viewer)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Curious to know how everyone is going to organise their work for year 12! :p (stationery junkie)

I'm using loose leaf sheets and folders. Going to attempt to stay organised!!

How about you?

SuchSmallHands

HSC
It's embarrassing to go into a lot of details, but there's an extensive colour-coding system used in conjuction with a combination of chronological and alphabetical order. I may or may not devote Friday nights to organizing notes. But let's not go into it...

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
Er. The awkward moment when I realise I don't know how to organise work. I thought we just write them in our books under titles for reference.. LOL. Damn, this woman came to our school for 2 periods of study skills ideas and I retain nothing, just great.

I'm planning on transferring each day, the work we do in our excercise books onto my computer as notes, in a more condensed form. This obviously will not work for Maths and English so I'm stumped for those subjects.

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
I hate being the cynic, but these systems have usually broken down either after the first month or so, or the first wave of assessments. Just keep it organised enough so you know where stuff is, but not super organised to the point where a small glitch will result in a system breakdown and mass avoidance procrastination.

HSC
By the end of the year you will have shit all around your room! No point organizing as long as you achieve what you want!

HSC
Er. The awkward moment when I realise I don't know how to organise work. I thought we just write them in our books under titles for reference.. LOL. Damn, this woman came to our school for 2 periods of study skills ideas and I retain nothing, just great.

I'm planning on transferring each day, the work we do in our excercise books onto my computer as notes, in a more condensed form. This obviously will not work for Maths and English so I'm stumped for those subjects.
Just study you ass off, thats all takes to get 99.95! No point in organising stuff, if you don't know shit inside you head!

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I hate being the cynic, but these systems have usually broken down either after the first month or so, or the first wave of assessments. Just keep it organised enough so you know where stuff is, but not super organised to the point where a small glitch will result in a system breakdown and mass avoidance procrastination.
I've had mine since the start of year eleven, still going strong (and it is ridiculously complex). But I actually enjoy ordering it all, so if you don't I'd recommend just a basic folder and paper thing.

GabbyS

HSC
Oh my gosh I LOVE stationery! Going to officeworks is the highlight of the year for me, always :)

I have four binders for my paper-heavy subjects: French Cont, SoR II, Chemistry (plus one exercise book for prac), and Eng Adv and EE1 share a folder. Every binder has loose leaf paper and plastic sleeves, and I plan to keep everything in perfect chronological order so if I miss any work it's easy just to slot it in where it's supposed to be. Display folders are also a godsend!

For maths I just have a big exercise book and I have no idea what I need for EE2 yet. Also, a leather-bound journal to keep daily and weekly to-do lists and stuff.

Nothing too complex, I'm just aiming to keep everything tidy and orderly.

bluecrisps

HSC
I'll just have a big folder to dump worksheets in, but it's separated into subjects using some paper things idk. Hopefully I won't lose any important stuff

iEatOysters

HSC
I'll probably use a loose leaf + four ring binder system, where I bring a smaller binder to school and gradually transfer the sheets of paper into the bigger binder at home. This system kinda failed last year, though. We'll see how this goes.

KitchenSinky

HSC
1. Collect notes into pile
2. ???
3. Use notes to wipe ass
4. Profit

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Oh my gosh I LOVE stationery! Going to officeworks is the highlight of the year for me, always :)
Haha!! This is me!! I just came back from an Officeworks binge!! I have a box full of spare notepads and pens haha

iEatOysters

HSC
Haha!! This is me!! I just came back from an Officeworks binge!! I have a box full of spare notepads and pens haha
Same, same. I went last week and bumped into my Economics teacher who was shopping with her daughter hahaha. /awks

Morumot

HSC
Ah, stationary. Love the stuff but now I have a lot that I've bought over the past few years that I haven't used yet -.-

michelleeeee

HSC
I ended up going crazy at officeworks and spending around $90
Best day ever!! I love stationery shopping sprees

turnthepageoftime

HSC
Just trying to keep things in order from when we got them. Although for German I have different areas to keep grammar and speaking practice questions.

happinessisbest

HSC
I've got various folders, for past exam papers and assessments, for study notes, for worksheets I've been given in class, and for University/ATAR/applications, etc. My study notes folder is divided according to specific subjects as well, and so are the other folders, divided in specific subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)